Quantcast

Saturday's ride, Somerset Reservoir VT

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
MBC and I rode Somerset Reservoir in Vermont yesterday (about 30 min from Mt Snow) with her cousins (two non monkeys). None of us had ridden there. It was one of the most challenging technical trails I've ridden. Lots of rock gardens that I could not clean, lot of logs that I could not get over, lots of slippery roots. MBC took a pretty good beating and has several fresh scratches and bruises to show for her efforts. :)

Here are some pics...

These are all of MBC...

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Oh, here are some ride pics from last weekend that I never posted. I guess this thread is as good a place as any to post them....

Four of MBC and one of me. Lucky for her she has a picture hoar for a husband. :D

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
McGRP01 said:
Great pics Phil, and not too far from me. I might have to make a trip over there sometime, looks like fun! :)
From what I hear there are ton of trails there. We started out kind of late in the day (4:45), so we only rode about three miles and had to turn back. The loop we did is right around the reservoir, so it was very flat. Very tough trail, though.

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
splat said:
Nice Pics ! one of these days need to take you around lake whitehall! ( or as some call it Whitehell! )
That's only when Greg leads the ride and takes us uphill the whole time. :blah:

Nice pics, Phil. I never made it over to Somerset to ride, but did ride at Harriman Res a little further North once.

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
If you happen to ever be in Hillsborough NH, you should try your hand at the mushroom trail at Fox State Forest. The trail is almost all rocks.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
MtnBikerChk said:
thanks - I was joking but I guess Heidi really thinks I suk. Well, compared to her, I really do :)
LOL - I don't think you suck. You'd probably kick my ass at that stuff!!!!!