Quantcast

***Saturdaze GMT***

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
The new Stihl 881 showed up today and ran a few tanks through it on all the windfall from the last storm. This saw is no joke. Is definitely the biggest horsepower production saw ever made.

View attachment 157418
Unfortunately I am not at the level of usage to justify such a beast. My smaller saw is already overkill but it is so nice that I have it when I need it.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Any reason?
The aluminum spokes seem to crumble at the hub and are of a poor quality. The Pawl system is suspect and Service intervals are to frequent. Little teeny tiny set screws strip out easily. Bearings just suddenly fail. The aluminum hub shells are of a poor quality and are prone to cracking. The internals are made of a very malleable Aluminum and seem to self destruct in cold weather conditions. The Customer service is great for customers. But they like to bad mouth service techs at their dealers. When called out on it they lie. Their phone system sucks. Their white sheets are often revised based on arbitrary revisions. Nobody has any idea what version their hubs are. They do not take personal responsibility for their failures. You can buy a much better system for less. You often have to wait for parts to be manufactured as they never have anything on hand. Their shipping department is a mess. You will want to shoot yourself in the head if you ever have to speak to a engineer. Arrogance permeates their entire organization. They offer no race team support. If you race their wheels you void their sketchy warranty. Warranties are handled in a arbitrary manner. If you catch them on a good day your fine. You're screwed if not.