Quantcast

***Saturderp GMT***

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Morning.

Supposed to be in the low 70s for today and tomorrow. Yard work and possible bike ride on the agenda for this afternoon.

Nope. Kid has been sleeping 6+ hours more nights than he hasn't for the last 10 it so days.
It wont last so enjoy the sleep while you can get it.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
New baby monitor doesn't work: connection disconnects and the audio is intermittent. Gah.

We got an old-model (then current) Philips unit back in 2013 before Mariko was born. It has worked perfectly these years.

Since then we've tried 3 other units (for use at in-law's house, and now for use in Yuna's room), including the updated model of the same Philips unit. All have sucked. Why is it so hard to make a reliable product?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
New baby monitor doesn't work: connection disconnects and the audio is intermittent. Gah.

We got an old-model (then current) Philips unit back in 2013 before Mariko was born. It has worked perfectly these years.

Since then we've tried 3 other units (for use at in-law's house, and now for use in Yuna's room), including the updated model of the same Philips unit. All have sucked. Why is it so hard to make a reliable product?
Raspberry Pi and make your own? :brows:

:butcher: Its axe throwing bachelor party day. But first, I must go wash the car and get the bird poop off. I saw a mint old Volvo last night, I wish I had grabbed a picture. Must hunt it down.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
going to car show to see what improvements 4 speed/fuel injection have made to drivabilty of 41 year old car..

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
walk into brothers house....oldest kid says nice hair hipster.

one less christmas present this year.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Doing welding things today. Trying to get my CNC plasma back up and running. Building a cart/desk for the cutter and the computer/controls. Now I'm working OT at a New Kids on the Block concert. Stuffed full of mid 30s ladies.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
got a note this week from my son's school saying he's been in contact with someone who has lice.... sure enough, spotted some today. there are no words to express the amount of fuck I feel right now. went nuclear on those somebitches and shaved both boys heads. Have been doing laundry and house clean up all afternoon. fuck those little fucking fuckers. fuck'em.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Had to give up my tree house. The Raccoon who took over is quite protective of her babies. Finding needles and junkie garbage was a bit unsettling also.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Raccoons are like crack heads. They scare the shit out of me.
I was night riding on a trail near a campground and came upon a really fat raccoon that could just barely get out of my way. He started to climb a tree but had to pause a couple feet up to catch his breath.

Last edited:

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
Trail ride followed by Thai.

Except for the miserable, taint licking, trail sanitizes it was a good day.

Hey Fuck Nut, if you don't like roots on trails in the woods go ride a road bike and quit dumbing down the trail. I am so sorry that you can't be bothered to lift the front wheel off the ground a few inches or that you might actually have to pay attention to what you are doing. Instead of expending energy customizing the trail to your lack of skill, learn to ride. Seriously, there is nothing wrong with practicing an obstacle you're having trouble with. But please stop spending countless hours hauling dirt into the woods to pack into the roots so it's all nice and smooth like your freshly shaven legs.

Everyone does not get a prize and your precious "flow" is something earned not built into the trail you entitled prick.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Played 8 holes and nailed all my drives. Made a few miracle putts. Just nailed it all day. Got a mean sunburn and made par on a Trent Edwards course. Walking works for me....

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Trail ride followed by Thai.

Except for the miserable, taint licking, trail sanitizes it was a good day.

Hey Fuck Nut, if you don't like roots on trails in the woods go ride a road bike and quit dumbing down the trail. I am so sorry that you can't be bothered to lift the front wheel off the ground a few inches or that you might actually have to pay attention to what you are doing. Instead of expending energy customizing the trail to your lack of skill, learn to ride. Seriously, there is nothing wrong with practicing an obstacle you're having trouble with. But please stop spending countless hours hauling dirt into the woods to pack into the roots so it's all nice and smooth like your freshly shaven legs.

Everyone does not get a prize and your precious "flow" is something earned not built into the trail you entitled prick.
I suppose this is probably a problem everywhere. My most easily accessible ride here in town has changed pretty dramatically in the 11 years I've been here. Parts of Palmer that used to be pretty technical are freeway smooth now. I'm pretty sure that the only reason it hasn't gotten any worse is because anything that's left would require heavy equipment to move it.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I suppose this is probably a problem everywhere. My most easily accessible ride here in town has changed pretty dramatically in the 11 years I've been here. Parts of Palmer that used to be pretty technical are freeway smooth now. I'm pretty sure that the only reason it hasn't gotten any worse is because anything that's left would require heavy equipment to move it.
obligatory thanks obama?

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
Similar situation in this area as well. We only have three trail systems in town and one is illegal. The two legal ones see a lot of traffic and this is usually the argument used for "making trails sustainable". Keep in mind that all of the trails have been around since the early days of mountain biking in the late '80s and early '90s. We all learned to ride natural and technical trails without anyone holding our hands.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Similar situation in this area as well. We only have three trail systems in town and one is illegal. The two legal ones see a lot of traffic and this is usually the argument used for "making trails sustainable". Keep in mind that all of the trails have been around since the early days of mountain biking in the late '80s and early '90s. We all learned to ride natural and technical trails without anyone holding our hands.
Now get off your lawn?

Modern trail traffic is going to require maintenance and sometimes even re-routes... We are facing similar issues out here. And whatever gets done (or even not done) is going to piss some user group off.

And so it goes...

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
Now get off your lawn?

Modern trail traffic is going to require maintenance and sometimes even re-routes... We are facing similar issues out here. And whatever gets done (or even not done) is going to piss some user group off.

And so it goes...
There is a big difference between repairing a trail and sanatizing.

Here in the Southeast, our trails are in the woods, where there are trees and roots. The current crop of IMBA drones ignore this fact. They impose a completely incompatable set of standards and call it "sustainable". Building or rerouting a trail without taking into account the terrain does no one any good.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Now get off your lawn?

And so it goes...
You and I both know that trails in places like Palmer don't get easier because The Friends of Palmer Park, or Medicine Wheel have decided to do trail repair. There is a big difference between the reroutes by the stables, or the big new section on Captain Jacks, and the sanitatization that goes on because some jackoff thinks the trail is too difficult.