Quantcast

***saturderp GMT***

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
hmmmm.....just might do austin psych/levitation fest in 2016....brian wilson doing pet sounds...brian jonestown massacre....sleep.....uncle acid.....

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Howdy.

There is definitely some ice on the deck from the over night moisture. I'm hoping the sun warms up the air a bit. Should make for good times on the bike today.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Kid had the second half of his flu shot yesterday, so he said fuck this shit and woke up at 5 am.slept with him on the couch till 830. Groceries then riding.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
What day is it? Game day!
If the kids win today they go to the playoffs, go Bruins! Bro-in law and gf are coming all the way from CO!

Got a run in while kids are warming up, now it time! Let's do this!

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Past: Presentation this morning. I ended up running about 45 minutes, then had lots of questions despite half the audience looking soporific during the actual thing.

Present: Baking cookies. Some will be eaten by my family but the bulk will be dished out at the reception for tonight's concert.

Future: Concert tonight (in Littleton, no less: Littleton United Methodist Church). Second matinee concert tomorrow afternoon (King Center). Details here for the curious: http://www.coloradowindensemble.org/

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Past: Presentation this morning. I ended up running about 45 minutes, then had lots of questions despite half the audience looking soporific during the actual thing.

Present: Baking cookies. Some will be eaten by my family but the bulk will be dished out at the reception for tonight's concert.

Future: Concert tonight (in Littleton, no less: Littleton United Methodist Church). Second matinee concert tomorrow afternoon (King Center). Details here for the curious: http://www.coloradowindensemble.org/
Do you do any Iron Maiden or Van Halen Covers?

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Dropped leaves and pine needles made for drift-tastic times on the trails.
Finished the ride scaring the shit out of hunter walking up the trail I was railing down.
He squealed like a girl as he dove off the to the side, dropping his shotgun in the process.
Good times.

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
Made the toddler some Mickey Mouse pancakes, then I made myself a cookie pancake, basically a chocolate chip cookie my wife made in a pancake. Hopeing to get a ride in later.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
took the kids out to "help" with trailwork. we put in about a 1/3 mile reroute with others. then home with a friend to drink beers while kids played on the zipline in the yard. then to a fall festival at 5yo's school. currently drinking and grilling dinner. it's 70* and gorgeous. it'd better stay that way on monday when i bag work and head for the hills.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Just sat through friends son's bar mitzvah.
Spent entire service daydreaming about todays ride.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Ventured up North to the good trails and bigger hills today. They are absolutely covered in leaves. Not a root or rock to be seen. I zipped across every off camber section like it wasn't even there, such fun times.

I did have to stop mid-ride and put on another layer and my skull cap, that I had stuffed in my hydration pack. After putting on the dome piece and helmet, I felt like this guy....

Awesome ride, though. Didn't rush anything and just cruised around the forest. Even with all the leaves down, I found some new trail.

However, I did find a booby trap! At the top of one ridge, where 5 trails all meet-up, someone dragged a bar stool into the forest. I found it laying there on its side and thought, HEY, that'd be a good spot to take a rest. I stood that sucker up and sat on it.........And it immediately collapsed into a pile of crap, which can be seen behind the tree in the pic below. I lol'd pretty hard at myself. :rofl:

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Tinkered with Frankenbrakes a bit (and discovered that Magura one piece calipers are flexy as isht), rode a little, bought another fishy beer. It's getting fooking cold out there.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Who are the people who answer it? When I say I am jdcamb they either hangup or ask me if I meant jdcamp. When I correct them they hangup on me. Is that Mmike or Westy laughing in the background?
I crush hopes and dreams, not mock them.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Dropped leaves and pine needles made for drift-tastic times on the trails.
Finished the ride scaring the shit out of hunter walking up the trail I was railing down.
He squealed like a girl as he dove off the to the side, dropping his shotgun in the process.
Good times.
Brilliant I hit some loose stuff too today. Its bone dry around here due to a very dry fall. I love riding dusty conditions so big smiles. I rode alone today which I rarely do but this place is easy to get around and not too much scary stuff to fall off. This has been one of the best falls for riding in a long time.

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Test drove pup #2 today. Ubiquitous boxer/pit/hound mix. All the breeds that human garbage is attracted to in these parts. 1 year old, ended up in the pokey 3 months ago. Picked up by animal control, owners surrendered him after they were told they had to get him neutered and up to date on his shots. Best thing to happen to him. He was obviously just chained out in the yard his whole life and hadn't socialized with any living thing. Was a complete basket case in the shelter. Was put into foster a few months ago. Fostering was great for him. He is now just a big happy dumb animal that loves the hell out of every living creature. Very athletic, ran full tilt for over an hour at the dog park.

He is going to be a ton of work to turn into a well behaved dog but I am up to the challenge. Hopefully I can pick him up on tuesday. I feel bad for not picking yesterdays mutt, she is a great pup, but I can only save 'em one at a time.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
An enthralling example slide from my talk (no, it wasn't all like this):

Is that your preferred toasting algorithm?

Have a glossary of symbols and acronyms so a layman could better understand the presentation?

Label your fucking graph axis, imply nothing.

Last edited:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Test drove pup #2 today. Ubiquitous boxer/pit/hound mix. All the breeds that human garbage is attracted to in these parts. 1 year old, ended up in the pokey 3 months ago. Picked up by animal control, owners surrendered him after they were told they had to get him neutered and up to date on his shots. Best thing to happen to him. He was obviously just chained out in the yard his whole life and hadn't socialized with any living thing. Was a complete basket case in the shelter. Was put into foster a few months ago. Fostering was great for him. He is now just a big happy dumb animal that loves the hell out of every living creature. Very athletic, ran full tilt for over an hour at the dog park.

He is going to be a ton of work to turn into a well behaved dog but I am up to the challenge. Hopefully I can pick him up on tuesday. I feel bad for not picking yesterdays mutt, she is a great pup, but I can only save 'em one at a time.

FUCK YEAH.

the dog we have now has a deep scar on his neck from where he was chained out and the collar grew into him. a lab/vizsla mix, he is the sweetest, nicest dog despite his poor start to life, who puts up with all kinds of crap from our kids.

dogs saved from assholes ftmfw.

(i always wanted to save the bear hunting hounds i'd see running free in the woods when i rode sherando lake/big levels)

Last edited:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

Alas, must spread rep. I want to adopt another, but when I look I realize I'm not ready. I miss Mazda. He was a good dog. :(

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
FUCK YEAH.

the dog we have now has a deep scar on his neck from where he was chained out and the collar grew into him. a lab/vizsla mix, he is the sweetest, nicest dog despite his poor start to life, who puts up with all kinds of crap from our kids.

dogs saved from assholes ftmfw.

(i always wanted to save the bear hunting hounds i'd see running free in the woods when i rode sherando lake/big levels)
This time of year I ride with extra food in my pocket for the hunting dogs.

Everyday I drive by a house that has a poor dog on a 3' chain, that never leaves that 3' circle. But the owners are obviously good people, they put out a giant Happy Birthday Jesus every December. Often considered sneaking in and cutting it lose. If I could wrangle it I would make sure it made it to Albemarle, damn fine shelter. Greene not so much, they generally do not even attempt adoption, just euthanize after the mandatory waiting period.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Legs cramped really bad towards the end of yesterday's ride so I just did an easy ride around the lake today. Stopped to sit in the sun for a few. Barely broke a sweat, but all is good.

Weighed 173(down from175) for the second day in a row. Still not convinced it's not water weight, but I'll take it. That makes 52 pounds of lost blubber since I quit the drinkies. Now, when I tell people I used to be a bouncer, they don't believe me. I'm not nearly as big and scary looking. Not sure how I feel about that part though.

Last edited: