Quantcast

***Saturderp GMT***

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Cold temps earlier this week but currently it's 41* and possibility of rain today. This winter/ski season sucks balls.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Snowed a bit over night. Now it's raining. It's a soupy mess out there. Wtf. What am I supposed to do with the kids now? The pool is only open in the afternoon.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Youngest kid seems to need re-sleep training. Up from 2 to 4:30 am. Great way to rest up for a ride.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Moving day. Mariko has a fever and intentionally (but lightly at least) stepped on Yuna's leg. Motorized shades are a pain to get working. That about sums it up.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Computrainer sufferfest completed; coffee/bongshed, boys to barber, year end financials into quickbooks, football then out to dinner.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Weather forecast for 7:30AM: cloudy with a chance of meatballs, 36F
At the Harold Parker trailhead at 7:30AM: 34F, rain, ice/snow/slush, depressing as fvck
Ride report: holy shitballs amazing! 10 miles with fast dudes. Conditions were right at the edge of unrideabru, super skidding fun.
Side note: Smorgasboard sucks donkey testiculares in wet snow.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I woke up at 12 today. Hello sleep, I finally found you!

Oil change for the functioning Subaru today, then picking up some stuffz and going to enjoy some beers and tear my bike down for a good cleaning. Slip a few bong shed visits in there and maybe a shawarma for good measure.

Should also note that I'm wearing shorts today. Pants suck.

Last edited:

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Today I am in seach of the best cold pressed virgin olive oil I can find in Montana. I'll also need to verify it is less than 6 month old, too much age and viginity becomes a moot point. I'm also going to avoid Italian olive oil since 60 Minutes says the food mafia exploits farmers and cuts their oil with inferior Greek oil and food coloring. The horrors of olive oil are intense - God help the clerk who has to deal with me today.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Today I am in seach of the best cold pressed virgin olive oil I can find in Montana. I'll also need to verify it is less than 6 month old, too much age and viginity becomes a moot point. I'm also going to avoid Italian olive oil since 60 Minutes says the food mafia exploits farmers and cuts their oil with inferior Greek oil and food coloring. The horrors of olive oil are intense - God help the clerk who has to deal with me today.
Depending on what you like Greek Olive Oil is very good. It is just a little more earthy then Italian Olive Oil. It is more solidly green then Italian. It has a thinner quality then Italian and most of the time a lower burn temp. For pan cooking or baking a neutral oil like Safflower or Peanut oil is better. Greek EVO for salads or finishing. You'll save money and nobody will ever know the difference.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Costco, man...
Until I moved to Great Falls, Kirkland olive oil was all I bought, now the nearest location is 90 miles away... it was good tasting so maybe worth the trip and $50 membership fee. Sam's Club quality control measures are not well known and that is all I have access to without spending half a day driving. We have a decent local whole foods type of store that I will try today. I need dried sardines not packed in oil so I have to go there anyway. It's 6 degrees out so no bikes for me today. Shopping is all I got...

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Until I moved to Great Falls, Kirkland olive oil was all I bought, now the nearest location is 90 miles away... it was good tasting so maybe worth the trip and $50 membership fee. Sam's Club quality control measures are not well known and that is all I have access to without spending half a day driving. We have a decent local whole foods type of store that I will try today. I need dried sardines not packed in oil so I have to go there anyway. It's 6 degrees out so no bikes for me today. Shopping is all I got...
Italian Olive Oil test. As you enter the store. Go to the oil section. Take the cheapest Oil in a clear bottle and put it in the frozen foods cooler. Go shopping. Blended or dyed oil will not freeze evenly and will seperate. Dyed oil will look like old cooled clean bacon grease.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Italian Olive Oil test. As you enter the store. Go to the oil section. Take the cheapest Oil in a clear bottle and put it in the frozen foods cooler. Go shopping. Blended or dyed oil will not freeze evenly and will seperate. Dyed oil will look like old cooled clean bacon grease.
That's good to know and Im all for creating disorder in the super market...

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I used to buy Greek olive oil from Crete for cold use (now I am a cheap schmuck and just get a "good" Californian one), for pan frying and soaring I really like refined coconut fat.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
took kids to rex kwon do, then the youngest came to do some trailwork w/me. the new line we're cutting makes for some rocky as f*ck benching. my mcleod hates me.
now at a friend's kid's bday party. at least there's beer.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
When I was in Chile, I discovered they make excellent olive oil. Really, really good. Too bad those other countries have such a monopoly, caus I think there must be many great olive producing areas around the world.

Went to the pool today. My kids are now making a snow fort out of slush. Eh, what are you gonna do?

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
When I was in Chile, I discovered they make excellent olive oil. Really, really good. Too bad those other countries have such a monopoly, caus I think there must be many great olive producing areas around the world.

Went to the pool today. My kids are now making a snow fort out of slush. Eh, what are you gonna do?
Most folks don't realize how much food that comes from Italy that is counterfeit. Olive Oils from Chile are awesome, but we seldom get the Virgin Pressings here in the States. Spanish Olive Oils from Andalusia are my favorite. I worked with a guy from Cuba that knew everything about Olives. He made the best Ceviche I have ever had in my life.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Kid has a cold and is asleep in my lap, fell asleep watching despicable me 2. I am 3 beers deep and have to piss like a race horse. Dad problems.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Zoe is my go to for olive oil. It does not over power other flavors when cooking. Should be available in most natural markets like Whole Foods.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I almost feel bad doing this to her, but god damn is the bottom bracket TOASTED. There was some sort of sludge in there when I pulled it all apart.

Shes going to be nice and smooth once it is all back together.

Only one crunchy bearing in the frame......but I can't get that axle out. :think:

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Shoulders are toast. Ruth and I went to the archery range for a couple of hours. Shooting in flights of 12 arrows we did12-15 flights. Who knew that a 60 pound draw compound bow could work your muscles so hard. Starting to get the hang of shooting the 30 yard targets. Ibuprofen time

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
I'm just learning scotch and know that I like 16 year old single malt that others have paid for...

In olive oil news I was not able to find a california brand but was able to turn up a cold pressed from Greece that was slightly cloudy with a small amount of sediment. Taste is pretty good. I made an arugula, pear, walnut and blue cheese salad with olive oil and lemon juice dressing. Also had some olive oil and balsamic vinegar and decent bread for dipping.

While searching the Web for a future source of said elements I was happy to discover that both heroin and cocain are less addictive than OreO cookies!!! I can hardly believe my good luck.

Last edited:

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I managed to get a few more window coverings installed (and working for the motorized ones--such a pain in the ass "interface" in these things to program, set up/down limits, etc.). 21 windows down. 4 giant windows left, all motorized, all in theory on separate channels on one five channel unit... That plus installing the alarm system shall occupy me tomorrow.