Quantcast

***Saturderp GMT***

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
yesterday's ride was...interesting. lots of snow left up in the hills. we'd be sliding down the trails in an inch or two of heavy snow, then randomly hit a 2 foot deep drift that would pack in and stop you dead. only rode 9 miles but felt like 29.

5yo turns 6 today. wanted to skip rex kwon do but still go do trailwork. i think he mostly likes the fact that i let him have candy and run around in the woods with a hand ax, but whatever...

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Trying to work out if there's good dirt riding nearby before it gets buried again by the snow coming Sunday-Monday.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Surgery was easy. Can't believe they knocked me out for it. I can barely feel the stitches and sutures, unless I move in certain positions or put pressure on the wound. Buddy of mine just had the same surgery done on his nose, and a mutual friend of ours had the same surgery on his cheek.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Surgery was easy. Can't believe they knocked me out for it. I can barely feel the stitches and sutures, unless I move in certain positions or put pressure on the wound. Buddy of mine just had the same surgery done on his nose, and a mutual friend of ours had the same surgery on his cheek.
WTF. You guys work in a UV lamp factory or something?

It's 13 days since my untimely contact with the boulder. Today I did a crunchy snow ride up one of our local ridges, then down whoops, which is a bunch of water bars. In the first portion of the descent I was following four wheeler tracks, which are fine if you stay in the tracks. At one point I failed to do that and for an interval was in I'm.gonna.die mode, both feet off pedals, sat on at least one nut, but with no mad skilz on my end everything sorted out and I made it to the bottom and back to the van.

I don't think I overdid it, but tonight and tomorrow will tell.

And Tucson trip with one of my best riding friends looks as though it's coming together for March.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Took the kids sledding today. Crazy how much snow falls in the mountains nearby. An impressive number of unprepared drivers/cars attempted the drive up to cypress today. Total shit show.

Been too busy riding bikes in the wintertime to have really noticed all the snow up at elevation.

I fear we will be spending $ on ski gear for the kids pretty soon...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Rolled ankle?
Drive by?
Poop yourself??
Realization that you're running and nothing is really chasing you?

Running always makes me want to poop. That is my vote.

I once had to poop in some strangers front yard shrubbery. Without TP it was a very uncomfortable run home.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Trying to work out if there's good dirt riding nearby before it gets buried again by the snow coming Sunday-Monday.
Chose badly, Dakota Ridge is a rocky SOB when you've not ridden technical trail in the last 3+ months. Red Rocks was too muddy, I blame the person on empty beer who said it was all dry.

Realization that you're running and nothing is really chasing you?
Only good reason for running. Although I did manage to transfer between two planes in different terminals at Houston airport in less than 10 minutes earlier this week.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
:stupid:

Inquiring minds want to know.
Nothing out of the ordinary. Just low on energy, ran out of gas early, and struggled for the last 9 miles. My last mile was 90 seconds slower than my first. Big slow down. I haven't felt that sluggish in a long time. I would have quit early but I ran an out and back route and had no choice but to keep going.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Snow finally got me motivated to do some renovation in the bathroom. Yearly fix of a stupid pipe that keeps rusting and painted the vanity which was not painted with any kind of durable paint that could withstand the humidity in the bathroom. Fixing some silicone and loose tiles tomorrow. I just did not do a good job when I designed the bathroom originally, a lot of this could have been avoided :banghead:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
It's 13 days since my untimely contact with the boulder. Today I did a crunchy snow ride up one of our local ridges, then down whoops, which is a bunch of water bars. In the first portion of the descent I was following four wheeler tracks, which are fine if you stay in the tracks. At one point I failed to do that and for an interval was in I'm.gonna.die mode, both feet off pedals, sat on at least one nut, but with no mad skilz on my end everything sorted out and I made it to the bottom and back to the van.

I don't think I overdid it, but tonight and tomorrow will tell.

And Tucson trip with one of my best riding friends looks as though it's coming together for March.
every single person on this board needs to rep this mutha fucker if you haven't already. that is all.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Nothing out of the ordinary. Just low on energy, ran out of gas early, and struggled for the last 9 miles. My last mile was 90 seconds slower than my first. Big slow down. I haven't felt that sluggish in a long time. I would have quit early but I ran an out and back route and had no choice but to keep going.
One week off and at least 2 beers a day...

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I'm at the Colorado Symphony tonight. Some good stuff but for other pieces I've been uncharacteristically bored. Hmph.

I spent much of the Khachaturian violin concerto deciding which orchestra members most resembles my undergrad buddies, for instance.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
I'm at the Colorado Symphony tonight. Some good stuff but for other pieces I've been uncharacteristically bored. Hmph.

I spent much of the Khachaturian violin concerto deciding which orchestra members most resembles my undergrad buddies, for instance.
High culture is kind of a drag... and expensive and dated. Your monster TV awaits.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Pictures at an Exhibition and Finlandia were great, on the other hand. I legitimately like it--I don't go to these concerts or play in my wind ensemble because of some sense of duty. Just not so hot on the programming choices for the first half of this concert.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Running always makes me want to poop. That is my vote.

I once had to poop in some strangers front yard shrubbery. Without TP it was a very uncomfortable run home.
One of my greatest fears. I've twice now barely been saved the experience of the shrubbery ninja poop. Once by a potra-potty at a new home construction site, and once by a brand spanking new 7-11. Like so new I think it was it's first morning open, I've not been back in it since, I'm a little embarrassed by what I did to that toilet.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
One of my greatest fears. I've twice now barely been saved the experience of the shrubbery ninja poop. Once by a potra-potty at a new home construction site, and once by a brand spanking new 7-11. Like so new I think it was it's first morning open, I've not been back in it since, I'm a little embarrassed by what I did to that toilet.
Just another reason why trail running is superior.