Quantcast

***Saturderp GMT***

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Birthday party/sleepover went shockingly well. Helps to be married to a professional kid wrangler I guess. Now I've got to get out of here before they all wake up

Last edited:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Dropped the eldest off at Spanish lessons this morning, and I'm going to go look at fatbikes with the youngest. It's raining and really shitty here (remember the 20" of snow that fell on Wednesday? It still hasn't been cleared by the city, this rain couldn't come at a worse time.)

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Got the Volvo back from the shop with the replacement sunroof installed. The had it done in 4 hours and under their estimate. new glass, new seals and they cleaned up all the duct tape residue on the roof . Duct tape because it broke at work and the forcast was rain duing my shift. It looks and works great

Depending on the wind I will either go kayaking or ride dirt today

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Debating if I should make or buy a coffee.

Going to take a nice relaxing 45 minute drive up to the bike shop to pick up my wheels and maybe blow some cash on other things.

It is also 45F outside. Screw it, I'm wearing shorts. Pants suck.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Sick child is less sick. Swim school is on. Stuck with MiL again today. Errands and car stuff today.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Playing with Lil heathen while I'm playing with this ultrasonic bone stimulator. Doc says it's gonna help the bone heal faster. Bikes still not getting ridden but did put on some new ODI grips and a stainless wolf tooth chainring last night. Next up are for replacement are the bearings.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Watched the Kingsmen movie last night. I'd recommend...

Sister in law qualified for the Olympics again, so that's pretty neat.

Perhaps a ride tomorrow. Best not get too drunk tonight.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
talked to uncle who has cancer doing chemo....weight is holding steady 120...he's 6'2" or 6'3"....

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I am eagerly awaiting the city starting recycling service to my new house's neighborhood. They don't do that until the whole place is built out, apparently, and I do not qualify. Therefore I have to haul my recycling way over north of the stock show, for those who know the area. I used the trip as an excuse to hit up the car wash.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
I am eagerly awaiting the city starting recycling service to my new house's neighborhood. They don't do that until the whole place is built out, apparently, and I do not qualify. Therefore I have to haul my recycling way over north of the stock show, for those who know the area. I used the trip as an excuse to hit up the car wash.
Brighten?

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
6 mile run at 6:53 pace with my triathlon crew. Half mile loops and you get a raffle ticket for every lap completed. I lapped the field...some multiple times. I was under coach's orders not to "race." I didn't, I swear. :( I won swim caps (needed), chocolate truffles, and bike socks. SCORE.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
It is now 51F outside. I wish this was the start of the summer, mother nature is such a tease.

It seems that I had my foot on the accelerator a little too much today; sometimes I am still shocked at how awful the gas mileage is in this Subaru. I used half a tank of gas today in under 124 miles.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
It is now 51F outside. I wish this was the start of the summer, mother nature is such a tease.

It seems that I had my foot on the accelerator a little too much today; sometimes I am still shocked at how awful the gas mileage is in this Subaru. I used half a tank of gas today in under 124 miles.
That's how you know you had fun... plus gas is like 8 cents a gallon now.

Since our state max went from 75 to 80 I only average about 22MPH, driving around Seattle in the same car but with 60MPH limits I routinely hit around 35MPH.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
took 6yo to rex kwon do, then to trailwork. another friend showed up w/his two boys and we all hiked up the "mtn" adjacent to the park (1200'-currently off limits but we're working on access, has lots of pirate trails); now chillin at home w/beer. it's 60^. i'll take it.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
~18 mile ride on the trail bikes with wifey, mid 60's during the ride I think.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Still more crap to get done today. I did go sling arrows at a 40 yard target for an hour or so this morning. I was all set to go out and play on the bike until I remembered some repairs that have to get done around the house to avoind the wrath of she who must be obeyed:busted:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
So I've gone and done it... Downpayment made on a rental (demo) fatbike... Please shoot me if I start complaining about ruts in the snow, snowshoers, or anything related to those beasts. I get the thing at the end of March. Looks good tho. Some salsa or other, can't quite remember which one. It's Purdue though, in blue and orange.

On another note, I friggin parked the car in a ditch today. Friggin ditch was nicely hidden by the 20" of snow that fell on Wednesday. I looked for no parking signs, didn't see any and figured it was just deep snow so I pulled in. The reality was that there was a curb and a foot deep ditch on the other side of it that were totally hidden by the snow. I wound up with a wheel on either side of the curb. I have a 2wd (Mazda cx5) and was totally stuck. Luckily I have a friend that lives a block from there and she wrangled a few neighbours. It took seven people pushing to get me out. It was definitely my most bone headed move as a driver so far.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
What JBP said, a fine April day, with icy/slushy/snowy/muddy mess on trails so I am staying away for now. In my quest for new hoppy beers, I made a mistake and bought one I should not today. :disgust1:

So I've gone and done it... Downpayment made on a rental (demo) fatbike... Please shoot me if I start complaining about ruts in the snow, snowshoers, or anything related to those beasts. I get the thing at the end of March. Looks good tho. Some salsa or other, can't quite remember which one. It's Purdue though, in blue and orange.

On another note, I friggin parked the car in a ditch today. Friggin ditch was nicely hidden by the 20" of snow that fell on Wednesday. I looked for no parking signs, didn't see any and figured it was just deep snow so I pulled in. The reality was that there was a curb and a foot deep ditch on the other side of it that were totally hidden by the snow. I wound up with a wheel on either side of the curb. I have a 2wd (Mazda cx5) and was totally stuck. Luckily I have a friend that lives a block from there and she wrangled a few neighbours. It took seven people pushing to get me out. It was definitely my most bone headed move as a driver so far.
Tell me it's a Bucksaw...

And welcome to the hidden ditch trick. Always a source of amusement!

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Last edited:

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
You forget that I'm highly motivated by environmental guilt. I drove there and back in the electric car, powered by wind energy credits. :D

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Skied with the family today! I've been able to make it up every weekend plus some vacation time this year and couldn't be happier! While I love mountain biking, skiing is my primary sport and after a non-season last year, a season with real snow and fresh tracks....? Holy shit I feel whole again.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
First ride above freezing on the new Spitty. Bike is awesome ! I'll post up some pics and my thoughts on the V2 in the DH forum if anybody gives a shit.

I'm not nearly a fit as I was in the Fall, but probably better than this time last year. Would like to burn off some more blubber this year.