Quantcast

***Saturderp GMT***

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
my nose is producing a significant amount of snot.

vexing.

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
Yesterday was brutal at work so I hit the sauce until midnight. Of course little stinker had me up at 445 this morning. About to fire up another round of coffee but if that doesn't kick in quick I'm just gonna fuck it and switch back to booze. If we get a spritz of rain as predicted, should be primo dirt for an afternoon ride.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Going to pick up Garden stuff while it is still cheap. Considering taking my friends Fan Palm for the living room. I want to get rid of my couch also. It takes a fuckload of room and nobody ever sits on it. I tried to put it in the Bongshed and busted my balls in failure as it wouldn't fit in the fucking new door. Because I needed help. Now somebody else knows about the Bong shed.

My friends son is opening a Pizza place/Deli and I was glad to go to the oven today and show him some pointers. He didn't need my help on any level. I may not need to get up early every Saturday anymore if he takes over my duties. We are going to make Easter Pizzas tomorrow. His Mom is a milfy milf and I have always had a thing for her. I will bring wine. The Rabbi will be there so I will have to behave unless he doesn't then all bets are off.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
What a great hike today. Temperature hovered right around freezing, which was perfect. Had the entire place to myself again AND I found a sweet new (to me) trail that is going to an absolute blast coming down.

The first 20 minutes of the hike was making me wish that I had brought a helmet. I took the video below at the top of a hill; that's not rain or water, its the ice falling off of the trees. Somehow I only got dinged on the top of the head once.

Sadly, our bongshed resting spot stool has seen better days.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
What a great hike today. Temperature hovered right around freezing, which was perfect. Had the entire place to myself again AND I found a sweet new (to me) trail that is going to an absolute blast coming down.

The first 20 minutes of the hike was making me wish that I had brought a helmet. I took the video below at the top of a hill; that's not rain or water, its the ice falling off of the trees. Somehow I only got dinged on the top of the head once.

Sadly, our bongshed resting spot stool has seen better days.
When I lived on the coast of Washington freezing weather was rare and nearly always with heavy wet snow, as the day warmed up you could easily get hit with slushy snow sheets falling from high in the old growth, they could hurt but getting sloppy wet snow down the neck of your jacket was worse.

You've inspired me to get off my ass and head to the river... tomorrow. :)

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
When I lived on the coast of Washington freezing weather was rare and nearly always with heavy wet snow, as the day warmed up you could easily get hit with slushy snow sheets falling from high in the old growth, they could hurt but getting sloppy wet snow down the neck of your jacket was worse.

You've inspired me to get off my ass and head to the river... tomorrow. :)
Oh yeah, getting it down the back of your neck is shocking. Even more so when it goes down your back and somehow slips down the pants... :busted:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
ZOMG. another unicorn!

almost done with step up - step down. worked on a new line that runs directly through a briar forest. 6yo hit the kids loop for the first time. he seriously needs to learn how to PEDAL. grocery stores hit. foods for tomorrow, and beers, acquired. drinking said beers presently. @boostindoubles would be proud to know the hollingbery shirt was worn for trailwork.

Last edited:

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
:wave:

Gonna be a cold, miserable day in the salt pit. :thumbsdown:
As with the 'squeeb I'm in the salt pit today as well (and tomorrow to boot). The difference is that my salt pit is a warm, dark room. Busy morning but pretty chill since about noon.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
ZOMG.
almost done with step up - step down. worked on a new line that runs directly through a briar forest. 6yo hit the kids loop for the first time. he seriously needs to learn how to PEDAL. grocery stores hit. foods for tomorrow, and beers, acquired. drinking said beers presently. @boostindoubles would be proud to know the hollingbery shirt was worn for trailwork.
That shirt was made for trail building. :drag::cheers:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Hiked with the wife, then we treated ourselves to a Yeti cooler from REI with their 20% coupon and our dividend #fancy.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Tried out my new all-day pack, Osprey Manta 20. It seems like it will be well suited for 4+ hours of Pisgah gnar.

And time to start eating salads again as I've banged out 24 rides since building up the new Spitty (6 weeks) and have not lost any weight.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
What do you carry for 4+ hours of Pisgah gnar?
The usual stuff, water, tools, tube, food, extra layers, map, reading glasses, small first aid kit, iTimeWaster, etc. I carry most of that stuff regularly, but more of it for longer rides in the backcountry.

When I did four days of Pisgah last September, my Osprey Viper 10 was stuffed to the point of being very uncomfortable and heavy. The Manta 20 has a wire frame and a hip-belt that puts more weight on the hips than the shoulders. It's also suspended away from the back to allow ventilation.