Quantcast

***Saturderp GMT***

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Spent a goodly portion of the day yesterday slaving over a brew kettle. My back hurts now, but I did sleep last night. Though I did wake up awful early.

Back to pulling oars on the war galley. :hmm:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
WASSSSSSSSSSUP.

No hiking or anything today, I don't think. BUT, I am taking a mini-road trip with a buddy to go pickup a new engine hoist to help assist with his 50's Willy's Jeep project. The original engine over heated and cracked the block last year, probably from him only driving it a few times over the last 5 years. We're putting in a turbo diesel. Not some modern one but an old Kubota engine. Should be neat..

Said buddy needs to hurry up, as I do believe he is providing the coffee.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
WASSSSSSSSSSUP.

No hiking or anything today, I don't think. BUT, I am taking a mini-road trip with a buddy to go pickup a new engine hoist to help assist with his 50's Willy's Jeep project. The original engine over heated and cracked the block last year, probably from him only driving it a few times over the last 5 years. We're putting in a turbo diesel. Not some modern one but an old Kubota engine. Should be neat..

Said buddy needs to hurry up, as I do believe he is providing the coffee.
Neat project, provide pics.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
That'll be amazingly slow. I approve.

Yuna decided to basically not sleep from 3:30 until we gave up and the wife fed her again around 5. Not fun.

Today I spend my dividend check at Costco. Heady stuff, this.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
I have nothing on the agenda today but I do need to clean the funkified stans sealant out of 2 wheel sets in preparation for new rubber that should be here Monday. Maybe l will get in a short ride before the low pressure ridge drops down from Canada and muddies the trails.

Did you know that Mavic Crossmax wheels with sweet yellow spokes have no value on eBay? Its true.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Good morning.
Yesterday's ride left me with tired legs, but damn it felt good to be out riding again. Ski season is starting to wind down, with maybe another month of spring conditions and slush bumps. Now my brain has fully shifted into bike-mode.

I need to replace my chain (11-sp, three rides old, this better not be a indicator of things to come) but for anyone wondering SRAM 10-sp quick links work just fine in the Shimano 11-sp chains. I also had a wonky moment where my rear hub spun freely before it engaged, so I'll open that up and see what could be up wit dat.

Did you know that Mavic Crossmax wheels with sweet yellow spokes have no value on eBay? Its true.
Could it be their 26", not the yellow spokers?

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Raining since 8pm, radar shows the backside is about an hour away from reaching us. It will be a fire road ride this morning then its off to the archery shop and finally ending the day trying to finish the insualion install in the garage

in the mean time Moar coffee

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
TPMS kept going off yesterday on the drive to the Drs office. Checked pressures this morning, and found a nail or screw in the right rear wheel. Having it patched now. Otherwise its too cold to get the kids out on their bikes, and there's not enough snow for outdoor play. it's le suck. maybe I'll bring them to the pool this afternoon.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Damn it must have dumped really hard last night even sections of the fireroads in the park were unrideable clay mud bogs. It was dry and in the 80s all week go figure cool and swamp thing overnight. Not that I didn't have fun getting muddy mind you.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Laundry, cat box, vacuum and I have met the minimum level of housework participation... removed tires from 2 sets of wheels and prepped them for next week's new rubber. Removed continentals from XC hardtail and stuck on a set of Kenda Karmas I had lying around. I put tubes in them and pumped them up to 32... it's what I call living on the edge. Off to the trails.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
I need to replace my chain (11-sp, three rides old, this better not be a indicator of things to come) but for anyone wondering SRAM 10-sp quick links work just fine in the Shimano 11-sp chains. I also had a wonky moment where my rear hub spun freely before it engaged, so I'll open that up and see what could be up wit dat.

Psst...hey you..yeah..you. Switch to Sram chains, way less trouble than Shimano.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Good lazy shuttle ride today. Shuttling does not agree with me... No warm up to full speed ahead ends poorly.

That said, the wondrous crash I had resulted only in a scuff on the handlebar and the slightest of abrasions on my wrist. Almost miraculous.

I expect soreness will settle in nicely over the next few hours.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
My trail ride was not epic or heroic, the Northshore trails of the Missouri River are not technical or challenging but out of my reach. Managed just shy of a mile before I bailed to the access road for a 3.5 mile out and back, I bailed back onto the trail for the last mile, it's more fun in that direction because no climb. While I am pretty happy to be riding my lack of fast twitch muscle capacity is the suck.

In other Saturday awesomeness I put my yellow spoke wheels on craigs list for $99.00 and got a hit for $75.00. The guy rides a yellow Cannondale Super V, what are the odds? I'm meeting him at 5 to see if they will work for him, I don't know much about Cannondale so I hope they do.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I managed to install a hydration system on the douchemobile with minimal frustration and swearing.

Torpedo system on the front, and two Gorilla cages with bag in the back. Not as easy as just screwing in a bottle cage....I had to install all sorts of mounts, straps, and shit, and had to make sure it is all lined up and in the proper positions relative to my body positioning. It looks good!

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
I managed to install a hydration system on the douchemobile with minimal frustration and swearing.

Torpedo system on the front, and two Gorilla cages with bag in the back. Not as easy as just screwing in a bottle cage....I had to install all sorts of mounts, straps, and shit, and had to make sure it is all lined up and in the proper positions relative to my body positioning. It looks good!

Tri Flow?