Quantcast

***Saturderp GMT***

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Hello.

I was forced out bed this morning and now I'm sitting here wondering what to do. I think I might go wash the car, get a hair cut and then go hiking.

Need to also stop at the bike shop to see where the reducers are for my shock. Need to ride already!

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Big flakes coming down with greater intensity here. Overnight barely got 1/2" if that, though, but this is supposed to go for another 24-36 hours, right?

My baby Yuna is 1 year old as of today.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Did some safety third live wire lighting fixture replacement this morning. Thinking of heading out to ride some farther from home trails but wondering if it is worth it with a sore back.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Power has been out all morning, which means I still have not received any coffee.

This is not a good start to my day.
Power out after zero accumulation...I fear for the north end of town once snowpocalypseageddon truly gets underway.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Power out after zero accumulation...I fear for the north end of town once snowpocalypseageddon truly gets underway.
I don't believe you've been here too long, but storms seem to follow about 12-16 hours after when the forecast says.

I walked into town go hit up the diner for coffee and breakfast. Guess who else didn't have power?
(I'm not a bright man)
Found a coffee shop that had juice, had a fantastic ham & potato breakfast burrito and coffee, walked home to find my power back on. Boosh.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
I am basically toast today so no ride, even on pavement. What I do need to do is clean out my bike rolly chest which has become covered with cans and bottles of stuff. It took me almost 20 minutes to find a 3mm hex wrench to put the bars on my new bike. This morning I could not find my chain tool but I know its in there. I'm pretty sure most of what in there is garbage... I have unused tubes so old they will never hold air. :monkey:View media item 2792View media item 2793
Success. I emptied half the contents straight to the dumpster. I seem to buy a lot of battery jumbo packs that I never fully use. 3 shock / fork pumps, I knew I had 2. No chain tool.
View media item 2794

Last edited:

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Bagel Deli on Hampden has some delicious foods. Approve.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Just got back for 3 hour mtb ride. My bike is so damn dail its so brilliant. All the small refinements are felt on the trail I had so much fun. One thing I noticed today was how much better I can get the bike in the air which is always fun times. Finished off with a good lunch and beer.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
no riding today. family stuff. mebbe tomorrow. 10yo passed his next rex kwon do belt test this morning. about to grill some food and drink some beers and chill. wife is off running a 5k with a friend.

dear CO monkeys: please make sure the snow is gone when i get there in june. thx.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Ha too funny, seriously almost zero accumulation by me. Maybe an inch in some spots, but it's melting on most surfaces still.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
So... you'll be hanging around Dallas for 5 days?
If I was stuck in Dallas for 5 days, you god damn well better believe I'd be looking to hang myself from something.

Ha too funny, seriously almost zero accumulation by me. Maybe an inch in some spots, but it's melting on most surfaces still.
:stupid:

Most of our accumulation is well on it's way to Raton at this point.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
in charlotte...waiting for someone...then it is pizza slices bigger than your head....

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Got behind some slow poke who decided to merge onto the Highway at 30 mph, which freaks me the fuck out. I gunned it and whipped around him, catching the attention of a Sheriff's deputy. I explained what happened and he let me off with a written warning and some sound logic. He did say that there is unfortunately no law against going too slow on an on ramp.

Got a lazy sub two hour ride in after that.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Stood around in the sun for hours today.

Drank beer tonight.

Fixed a propane grill tonight.

Grilled on said propane grill tonight.

Put the last part on the bike tonight.

Riding tomorrow.

Excited.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Looked at future house today. Pretty exciting to see muddy mtbers riding home past my new home post-ride...

Might sneak out for a ride late tomorrow after I earn my "good hubby" points earlier in the day. I plan to get my older kid out on his bike and the younger one on my bike (ibert) for some practice pedalling.

I am missing out on a kickass group ride, but, such is life. Not all bad, I guess.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
All the Ginseng in my little plot has been affected by the late spring frost/snow. Ramps are fine. DEC boat at the fishing spot pulling apart the Beaver Dam sadly. Baby Beavers were fun to watch. I could feel the sun for the first time this year. Considering going back out..... My bike is ready. Just need more Stans... New tires, pedals, shoes, brake pads, hub service. Need Fox blue stuff to finish the job.