Quantcast

***Saturderp GMT***

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Babies are asleep for their final night in Japan. We told my 93 year old grandmother this evening we would be back for the 2020 Olympics. She gave a knowing "not sure I'll be around" nod in response.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Morning Monkies! I thought I would sleep in today but that didn't happen. Now checking weather reports to see how my day will go, I anticipate at lot of people on the trails. I changed the battery on my road bike so I'll also take a short spin to see how much leg I have after cardiac rehab.

Also: at the LBS earlier this week and older roadie with an awesome Ritchey was buying a new Specialized helmet. He commented on the good fit and thanked the shop manager for his help, the shop manager replied with "yeah, they're not bad for a cheaper model." I'm thinking this isn't the best way to build shop loyalty, particularly when everything in the shop is MSRP or higher.

Roadie didn't care as he was on his way to tour Europe on his fancy bike.

Last edited:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
At shop getting timing belt on the Subaru done.

Then it's back to home depot to pick up longer bolt to finish doing the bearings on the Turner. Didn't even get the linkages on the frame last night do to the funky o-ring and spacers that are used.

Then there is a bachelor party/dinner thing tonight, downtown.

I'm sad, biking today is looking pretty slim and it's a beauty of a day....

Installed air conditioner in bedroom. Managed not to drop it out the window.

Doing laundry.

Packed for camp, where I will continue doing battle with shed stairs.

Need to plant squash.

Should probably push lawnmower around.

Edit:

Sequestered fourteen pounds of socks that H had squirreled away. Have to negotiate disposal.

Last edited:

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Road ride along the usual route with 20 MPH winds, averaged 23 MPH out and 12 MPH back, stoked that I could do it. :)

EDIT: that includes a 5% grade for 1/2 mile and a 7% grade for 1/4 mile for a total elevation gain in the low, low hundreds.

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Pool club opened today. Kid loved it. Marinated carne asada this morning, it's currently on the grill. Have two chickens brining for tomorrow. Had a margarita, now on to beer. Ride in the am.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Another trail ride makes five in a row. Most rides this week have been a mix of riding and cutting. Starting to turn mobile trail maintenance into cross training. Fuck a gym membership, I'm buying more tools.

Now for Sopes y Papusa.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Wife and I raced the half Growler in Gunnison this morning. Now eating before heading out for a beer at home.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
So I now own a bouncy house. Neighbors were selling theirs as they got a trampoline for their boys. $150 later and we're now the proud owners of a bouncy house. Guess the bbqs are going to be at our house this year.

Side note: Wifey asked Haley what we're doing tomorrow morning and her response was epic: "you're going to learn how to drive Daddy's car. If you want to go fast you push the long one."

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
So I now own a bouncy house. Neighbors were selling theirs as they got a trampoline for their boys. $150 later and we're now the proud owners of a bouncy house. Guess the bbqs are going to be at our house this year.

Side note: Wifey asked Haley what we're doing tomorrow morning and her response was epic: "you're going to learn how to drive Daddy's car. If you want to go fast you push the long one."
Yes, tell mommy about the long one.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Holy shit, just got home. I left downtown Toronto at 11pm. Fuck that traffic, seriously. I don't know how those people deal with that garbage. Traffic jams on the freeway at 11:30pm, what in the flying fuck.

Gotta be up for DH in 5 hours. Though, the DH bike is still in pieces so it'll be DH on the trail bike.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Bunch of people there. Plenty of kids. No one actually on the trails. Place seems more like the lounge.
Its a cool place to ride and work on skills. If we are itching to ride jumps we'll throw the dj's in and drive over for some Duthie sessions. The amount of traffic that place has is ridiculous though.