Quantcast

***Saturderp GMT***

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Morning Monkies! Seems a bit early so back to bed.

EDIT: Doesn't look like I missed anything by sleeping in, my legs feel pretty damn good after 4 rides this week. Today will make 5, if my energy level maintains I'm going skip the XC epic and take the Giggle Pig out for about 12 miles along the river, I should be on the trail by 11.

Last edited:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
dawn patrol departure to get in a ride in the hills before prepping to leave for ME tomorrow. 3000' in 19.4 miles (yancey @ wilsons). great ride except for a billionty spiderwebs.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Got dad and his motorcycle back to Colorado on Thursday. He's doing alright but it's gonna be a long recovery for sure, glad he's got my place to recover otherwise he'd be in his truck camper trying to figure things out. For y'all that didn't see earlier posts from me: my dad had a motorcycle crash in Iowa last Monday, spent a few days in the hospital. Badly separated shoulder (AC joint) and several broken ribs, he won't be riding the moto for a while. The trick for me will be getting back to a "routine" while still taking care of him... And since my routine was really about traveling and riding my bike this means I had to bail on this weekend's trip to the Yeti Tribe Gathering as well as the upcoming BC trip... Apparently that BC trip just wasn't in the cards for me this year. Bummer. But, I do have some later August Whistler invites, we'll see if dad is feeling better in a few weeks.

Eff, that's early and over achieving. Go Colorado!
We're not all over achieving. I'm still in pajamas drinking coffee.

Might try and get my first ride in 10 days.
If you're gonna ride local, shoot me a PM. Looking for local options and motivation for a ride today, haven't ridden since last Saturday.

Last edited:

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Mornin!

I spy with my little eye the @Toshi mobile at the trailhead. Off to see if we chance run into each other!
Eff, that's early and over achieving. Go Colorado!
What'd you ride, Adventurous?

I rode with a different co-worker (taller than Stoney even at 6' 5" yet he had more headroom in the Land Cruiser than me :D ). Trailhead at 6:30, Maverick at 7:45 or so, back at car before 9 via Longhorn, Shorthorn, and Belcher. Am I supposed to turn left down Longhorn at the second Short/Long intersection? Hmm.

My co-worker proved to be actually slower than me at climbing despite looking fit! He also has lost his nerve for descents over the years but had fun. I will drag him out again.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning! Hot day out there. I was out the door at 5:30 for a 100 mile road ride. 17.1 mph, 5000' elevation gain. So it was hilly, but not terrible. Good ride. Then I did a 4 mile brick run. Had to go sans shirt because it is way to focking hot out. So now I'm tired and I have a Jack and Jill to go to when really all I want to do it lie down in front of the TV.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
I'm in town having,a fish burrito and oatmeal cookie. The first ride was much success with temps in the mid 70s and a nice breeze. I had ice cold water for the entire ride, that's like gold. Taco shop has better ice, small little chunks so I refilled and am going to ride the north side of the river.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
my 11yo, with no input from me, is starting to use "hipster" as an insult.
i am le proud.

semi-packed...drinking beers...wife is working...

forecast for here over the next week averages 98, before the bazillion % humidity; ME averages 76 ftw.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Back from a less successful ride but anytime you can swing 4 hours pedaling with nothing else to do has to be good times. It warmed up to about 80 but the wind dropped to under 5MPH so the XC on the Giggle Pig was slow and sweaty. Meh... still good times.

I do note that my wrists are feeling a bit fatigued and my cheappo grips wandered inboard despite pulling them back to the edges this morning. I wonder if there are grips with shims and such that lock but allow a few millimeters of float? I'd pay $19.99 if made in the USA.
View media item 2909

Last edited:

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Tanking beers at Logan waiting for my flight to CO to meet wife and kids. Bong shed + beers all day may result in CNN coverage, time will tell.

One day in East LA then off to NM to avoid my mother for most of the week.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
my 11yo, with no input from me, is starting to use "hipster" as an insult.
i am le proud.

semi-packed...drinking beers...wife is working...

forecast for here over the next week averages 98, before the bazillion % humidity; ME averages 76 ftw.
What dates are you in Maine?

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
What'd you ride, Adventurous?

I rode with a different co-worker (taller than Stoney even at 6' 5" yet he had more headroom in the Land Cruiser than me :D ). Trailhead at 6:30, Maverick at 7:45 or so, back at car before 9 via Longhorn, Shorthorn, and Belcher. Am I supposed to turn left down Longhorn at the second Short/Long intersection? Hmm.

My co-worker proved to be actually slower than me at climbing despite looking fit! He also has lost his nerve for descents over the years but had fun. I will drag him out again.
I was there at 7:30 and rode up Belcher, Sawmill, Maverick, Mustang, Belcher, Maverick to the Creek then the usual way out. Rather busy out there and started to get pretty toasty towards the end. The days of really early rides are certainly in full swing.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Went on a longish ride. 4 hours in 90 deg heat. My handle bars are creaking. 10 year old bar owes me nothing. I have another one just like it....

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Hello dudes.

Did 71km of DH today. I'm cooked.

Great day, though. Hot as balls out, no lift lines and more dust than I knew what to do with. Slideways was the name of the game today.

Starting to feel really good on the Turner again, after not really riding it for over a year and a bit.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Thunderstorms this evening, no power since then, utility company has no eta for fix, some days murica and it's 3rd world infrastructure sucks donkey balls.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Bike was ridden. Twas a bit chilly at elevation. I'll take it over all the ball sweat most of you are dealing with.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Successful road trip to North Idaho where we will be lake cabining for the week.

In the back of my truck, my dog somehow got out a fresh quart of stans and dumped the entire thing in a 20lb box of plums/peaches. It had 2 hrs to coagulate all over the fruits. Not cool bro.