Quantcast

***Saturderp GMT***

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
Racking up daddy points this morning--took both kids when they woke up at 5am and let the wife sleep as long as she wanted. Hoping this adds up to a ride this afternoon (weather permitting).

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Racking up daddy points this morning--took both kids when they woke up at 5am and let the wife sleep as long as she wanted. Hoping this adds up to a ride this afternoon (weather permitting).
oh, weather's permitting...

coffee, then soccer, then rex kwon do, then into the woods with le chainsaw and a shovel to take care of a downed tree and build some jumps

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning! I too was up at 5:00, but I had to come into work for a system upgrade. I felt bad getting up early because it wakes the dog up thus wakes the wife up.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Looks like the DH trails are mostly closed or will be, due to rain. Trail ride it is.

I just informed the guy I'm riding with that we are to meet/park at the "XC side" of the forest, to start. His reply was "yay, safer in the rain". Yeah, "safer", little does he know the route I have planned. There is going to be a lot of wet roots on this. :brows:

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Up to ride Mtn Lion with @Toshi this morning. Stellar weather and a ripping descent.
Considering I'd been sick for two weeks I don't think I could have had a better ride.

half way up the climb ... trees are turning !
up trail 1.jpg

me and the good Dr., staring into the sun ...
stare into the sun.jpg

more boring smooth CO singletrack ...
up trail 2.jpg

The DH is one of the best around here. Improved my best time by over 4 1/2 minutes. :rockout:

Time for lunch and some lounging.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Good times on Mountain Lion. Approve. I did manage to break a spoke on the descent, which shows that I was riding adequately fast enough, I figure.

(I think Santa Cruz specced my bike with 28 spoke wheels, iirc. WTF?)

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Good times on Mountain Lion. Approve. I did manage to break a spoke on the descent, which shows that I was riding adequately fast enough, I figure.

(I think Santa Cruz specced my bike with 28 spoke wheels, iirc. WTF?)
My xc hardtail is carbon rims on 28 spokes. I'm 200+. SIUP.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Evening Monkies! I thought last night's ride on the Giggle Pig would be my last until next weekend due to a forecast of rain, it was quite nice at nearly 80 degrees and next to no wind. This afternoon at 2:30 it was still nearly 80 and only slightly cloudy so I went for it... in the 90 minutes I was out it went from sunny and calm to completely overcast and pelting rain for the last 30 minutes or so. Not enough rain to activate the gumbo but enough to sting and be annoying in the 25 MPH wind. I was still full of smug since there was only myself and a trail runner stupid enough to have some fun. :)

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Rain here all day long. I stole a ride yesterday after work before the rain moved in and found some flow in east coast rawks. Not giving a crap and riding more careless sometimes produces satisfactory results.

Gonna see some kitties in a need of a new family tomorrow, now nuking places with germ-not-so-friendly UV lamp.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Haven't bonked in about a decade. Made up for it today by bonking 6 miles from home, unfortunately that left about 2000ft of climbing to do with an empty tank.

If only I'd been on an e-bike.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
I'm 71/523 on the Mountain Lion DH Strava leaderboard, 3 seconds behind Nick. Not bad given that Nick got lost and I did all of the log bridge crossings. :D (and 3? sets of hikers?)

Last edited:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
what did you ride??
Nothing crazy, down chimney to 10th st, up the steep service road at NTM, NTM loop, back to Apex, up Argos, PnS to the top, Sluicebox to hardscrabble then up to the top of Apex.

Just hadn't eaten enough and didn't carry enough fuel/liquid with me on the ride.

MtN Lion was tempting, early start was not.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
Nothing crazy, down chimney to 10th st, up the steep service road at NTM, NTM loop, back to Apex, up Argos, PnS to the top, Sluicebox to hardscrabble then up to the top of Apex.
That sounds plenty crazy to me. :D