Quantcast

***Saturderp GMT***

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Got home late after 9 days away, so 10 days since I've ridden.

Bikes shall be ridden later.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Octoberfest & Young Frankenstein won out lat night (plus a single malt and pumpkin pie ice cream, sheesh!)

Kid #1's last soccer game in a bit, then like zillion Hallow Weenie parties this weekend, gotta find some time to ride!

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning! Got my fully loaded Americano and waiting for it to kick in. I've got another race tomorrow...a duathlon. 3 mile run, 11 mile bike, 2 mile run. Short race means balls out, heart rate pegged, lungs and legs burning effort. So, today will be low-key.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Last night, a guy at the gym locked his bicycle to mine. I had to walk home, and then have the people at the front desk call me when he left, then go get my bike.

After that, one of my good friends called me in a panic about Donald Trump becoming president, and just vented and ranted for 20 minutes. He kept asking me questions, and then talking over me as soon as I started to respond. I finally hung up on him.

So far today I've had breakfast and mopped the floor.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Sinus infection is raging behind my left cheekbone. Making my teeth hurt. Body is still fucked. So much rain. Soft tissue between ribs still not healed enough to throw dirt with hand tools. Gawd damn, thankfully there is the vb1.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Howdy all. I gave it a good effort at White Ranch this morning. Check Strava, yo. 10 PRs and a 10th overall on one segment!

Still far from Nick's dream of 5 minutes Longhorn at Maverick to creek, though. Encountering two slow uphill bikers on upper Longhorn and crashing (landed on my feet) right before the drop on lower Longhorn due to two hikers didn't help.

(This segment is also less than 0.1 mile long, slightly downhill after a gate, and the top 3? spots are either motorcycle riders or people spoofing GPS data. 60 mph? I don't think so. :D)

Last edited:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Bikes were ridden. Roots were slipped on and beer has been drank.

Even if the sun didn't show up today, what a great day it has been. Cloudy and grey, but no rain and we rode in tshirts and shorts.

Such a nice day that I went out for a second ride.

Time to make some tacos.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
New catering truck came today. Very very tasty. And free to me to boot:banana:

Sliders, one pulled pork, one brisket

I did skip the bun to keep the calories down after taking a bite of each. Coleslaw was awesome as were the meats
I haven't had good slaw in a long ass time.

Trick is, eat the bun and then do something after. Good excuse to go ride the bike to "work it off". :imstupid:

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Well the sun broke by 1:30 and it was pretty much clear skies when I got to the trails. I had another hero ride for 4th time this week. Hard to believe it the end of October and still in the mid 50s. Next ride will be Monday night with the headlamp. Now beer. I'm of scotch and the liqueur store with the good hootch is 3 miles away...

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Fucking storm windows. :mad:

Shake down ride on a new rear wheel was a success. Wicked ride of the East shall be a piece of cake tomorrow.

--no dentists were harmed during taking of this picture--

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
10 miles with the kid in the trailer. Checked out the new pedestrian bridge over the river. Then off to the playground. Kid loved it. Good day. Cold beer and a baked potato now.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Took the kids to the agriculture museum this morning for Halloween activities . Then back home for a bit domestic stuff , then to the bike shop to order me some specialized winter shoes, then to a Halloween party at a buddies neighbours house . Pooped . Hope the predicted good weather tomorrow materializes.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
So while many know there are food carts, most don't know just how seriously we take this around these parts. Today I finally made it to the Portland Mercado. Some vandals had damaged a few o the carts, so they have been doing a fund raiser to support the repairs. So much food, I will need to go back at least 4 more times. 10 carts plus a market and Mexican grocery for the hipsters. Makes me feel at home :rofl: