Quantcast

***Saturderp GMT***

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Morning Monkies. First of 2 Christmas parties last night and nobody died. Next one os on the 17th. This,social scedule is taxing.

Yesterday decided I needed a super light weight full rigid trail bike, not having luck on the super light part. Suggestions on what to look for?

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
ticket to "eat your science" showed up yesterday....field trip to alabama in april...

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Howdy all. Played a pretty good concert last night, got good mileage in the parents' new Prius on the drive back, and convinced the wife that morning aerobic fun-times were a good idea. They were.

:notbadobama:

I think this morning's planned White Ranch ride will turn into tomorrow or never, though. Awfully cold.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Yesterday decided I needed a super light weight full rigid trail bike, not having luck on the super light part. Suggestions on what to look for?
Thought you already had a hardtail? Buy a rigid fork and swap it for the squish when you feel the need.

My hardtail changes between geared, singlespeed, front squish or rigid as I feel the need.

Looks cold outside, high teens F outside at the moment, going to wait a while before riding somewhere.

Happy "global fatbike day".

Spent some time mucking around trying to figure out why I can't bleed second floor radiators. Decided that, after eight years in service, backflow preventer and pressure regulator probably want rebuild kits, presumed lime-encrusted check valves and maybe strainers. Also observed that exhaust pipe thimble making into chimney has penetrating corrosion. Sent email to my HVAC guy requesting rectification.

35° F, spitting snow. May or may not drive my ass outside to pedal around some.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Free Santa at Bass Pro == ridiculous lines. Such is supply and demand, I suppose. We showed up shortly after 9 and got a 10:30 time slot ticket (which means close to 11). Good thing we live 1 mile away so can pop home and pop back nearer to that time.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Thought you already had a hardtail? Buy a rigid fork and swap it for the squish when you feel the need.

My hardtail changes between geared, singlespeed, front squish or rigid as I feel the need.
Thank you for wildly over estimating my bike building skills... actually the skills are there(ish) its the will that I lack. I need my bikes to be roll ready. :)

I was thinking of a used crabon XTC frame but sourcing parts will likely cost more than getting a good deal for a built bike.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Been sick since Sunday and worked the entire time. Trying to get caught up for the Holidays. Feeling a lot better, but still coughing and hacking up nasty globs of ick. Want to ride tomorrow to blow the rest of it out of my lungs, but looks like rain is in the forecast. Can't really complain about that though, as most of the South is on fire it seems.

Tired and need a day off.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
45 degrees here and most of the snow has melted, going to try the north side of the river in the hardtail. Taking lots of quarters in case there is more mud than I expect.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
19:54 in my 5K. 12th overall and 2nd in my age group. The wind sort of wrecked me the second half of the race. Felt great to have a tailwind the first half, but the second half felt entirely uphill despite the course being flat. Wind is still harder to deal with on a road bike than during a run. The race was at a middle school with a track, so I did a three mile workout after the race. 7 miles of running for the day.

2nd in my age group won me maple syrup. Fuckin' SCORE. $20 for a hat, maple syrup, and a sub-20 minute 5K. A good day.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Not as much mud as I expected but between the patches of snow and loose pack the first 3 and last 3 miles were fucking horrible to pedal due to clay not shedding from tires. The middle 6 miles were awesome mainly because the clay pack finally shed. Like IRB I had and awesome tail wind out and a miserable head wind back.

But then I remember that it's December and I just rode my bike in 45 degree weather... that's a win folks. That's a win. Film at 11.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Ran a 36 min 5k in full Santa regalia...smelled like a goat at the finish. Sweated through, pants were sagging low...got tired of being passed and then passing the passers when they went to walking again. Then me and the family went to Panera in our Santa suits. Looks on the faces of the people there were a mix of amusement and snotty looks down the nose...

Off to tree lighting, buying a tree and food. I need a beer.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
19:54 in my 5K. 12th overall and 2nd in my age group. The wind sort of wrecked me the second half of the race. Felt great to have a tailwind the first half, but the second half felt entirely uphill despite the course being flat. Wind is still harder to deal with on a road bike than during a run. The race was at a middle school with a track, so I did a three mile workout after the race. 7 miles of running for the day.

2nd in my age group won me maple syrup. Fuckin' SCORE. $20 for a hat, maple syrup, and a sub-20 minute 5K. A good day.

Sub 20...some peoples kids!

I haven't ran a sub 20 5k in years. Thanks for giving me a goal!

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Wife and I had a good ride. We had to make haste past a mountain lion deer kill which was on the middle of the trail right near town.

*On Chimney after you head east under US-6 but before you head down to the pedestrian bridge over Clear Creek for anyone local.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Effing leaves raking, then a good ride before sunset. Trails were mostly dry, very fun. I managed to bend the DR hanger somewhere out there, first time in 5 years. :banghead:

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Ran a 36 min 5k in full Santa regalia...smelled like a goat at the finish. Sweated through, pants were sagging low...got tired of being passed and then passing the passers when they went to walking again. Then me and the family went to Panera in our Santa suits. Looks on the faces of the people there were a mix of amusement and snotty looks down the nose...

Off to tree lighting, buying a tree and food. I need a beer.
Lots of folks in holiday garb at my race. A guy in a full Santa suit won the M30-39 age group. :D

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I'm tired. Rode a whole lot of trail today with the old man of our group. Came across a big ole grumpy porcupine on one trail. Surprisingly, not many other bikers were out....even though the trails were perfect? :confused:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Perfect trails here too. Fantastic conditions. Even decided to tack on an extra loop caus it was so good and I felt good too. Opted not to do the techy descent caus I figured it might be risky solo...

Waiting for the sitter to arrive to head off to a Christmas party. Not really in the Christmas mood yet, or a big party either, but eh... You gotta do what you gotta do...

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Besides baking bread in the morning I have spend the whole day making a presentation about myself in a powerpoint been interviewing with a surprisingly cool company from the town I went to business school. I kind of like the idea of the PP better than a flat resume. Hopefully this will be the job I can land.