Quantcast

***Saturderp GMT***

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Waiting for snow to snow, scotch tonight and that is all. Impatiently waiting for my winter riding wheels and tires but they wont arrive until next Wednesday, my impulses are poorly timed.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Sitting at trailhead waiting for buddy.
Slowly piecing together why the jacket I'm wearing reeks of beer.
37*, icy trails for morning then off to see Star Wars at noon.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Breakfast, poop and then trails.

The owners of this VRBO place are quite awesome. They had a six pack beer in the fridge when we arrived and brought more beer over about an hour after they handed the keys over to us.

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
Home made egg nog plus trip to Rhinegeist tap room plus uncles kegerator adds up to my current headache plus weird poop. Coffee and bacon will help at least one of these issues.

Last edited:

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Time to spread some holiday chemtrails.
Can you make them gold, red and green today?

Morning! I skipped a morning ride today because wet and now rain. Birds are fed, breakfast done, coffee consumed. Cats seem to be working on their bond based on their ambush tactics and first signs of mutual grooming. I suspect there's plenty of chores around the house planned for me for today, I am hoping for some bike wrenching time, too.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Happy Christmas Eve or whatever you celebrate! I had to drop in to wish you all some good vibes and warm company, delicious beverages and solid trips to the shed, and most of all some riding and playing in the snow!

We took the week off I do housework and ski, and in accordance with the rest of 2016, that has been a challenge! Buffalo has progressively gotten worse with some excruciating back pain that we can't seem to get him any relief for, so after he sat in the car while Lucas and I skied last weekend, skiing went out the window of options for the rest of the week.

Next, we were getting set up for painting the house. It is yearsssszzzzzs overdue. Then our pup Ernie (almost 12 year old 75 lb lumpy happy floppy golden) suddenly can't stand on his own two legs. Still smiling of course!! We take him to the vet who says (after looking at him, not actually taking any sort of ultrasound, etc.) that he has a ruptured tumor on his spleen and is bleeding out from the inside and wouldn't make it through the night. We were shocked! We cried, then said we had to go feed his steak and beer and high tailed it away from that lady! A vet-cousin came over later to look at him and was extremely displeased with the original vet. He doesn't have much time left, but we still have him today, 5 days later, and should have at least a few more to spoil him with. We think it is a Christmas miracle ☺

We now have some of the hall painted, and hope to finish that while watching the Seahawks crush the Cardinals this afternoon. We are planning another lazy, but somehow sweetly satisfying day with all of our furry and not so furry family members.

I've missed having the time to post and BS with you here this year, and believe 2017 would be a better year if I could bask in your ornery, hilariously entertaining, kind, and gnar shredding presences.

Have a wonderful holiday (or just a sweet bike/ski/or board ride if you happen to be atheist or JW) with those you love (or by yourself if you are a crotchety cantankerous old fart!). Xoxo-SB!

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Organizing tracks for the newest "band" project, and realized we've got 9 solidly developed tracks, and several more near completion. We've not been pushing things at a hard pace, but still seem to be moving forward. Now we need a singer.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Rotors for new wheel set arrived from Competitive Cyclist. 2 days faster and $30 cheaper than QBP would wholesale to my LBS. Not sure how that is putting purpose before profit but I am thinking that QBP is making it difficult to throw your LBS a bone.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Last full day for me in Seattle. Rogue One tonight, methinks.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Feyiu WG. I am impressed. How did you mount it on chestie? Do you use it in the panning mode?
I have no idea what mode, I never read the directions. I will post a pic of how I mounted it and rely on your insights as to what the best mode for trails.

@StiHacka I used an attachment I found in a $20 bag of assorted GoPro goodies that I got from a local sporting goods store. This was the only attachment that allowed me to angle the gimbal up to 45 degrees or so.

View media item 3094View media item 3093

Last edited:

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I have no idea what mode, I never read the directions. I will post a pic of how I mounted it and rely on your insights as to what the best mode for trails.

@StiHacka I used an attachment I found in a $20 bag of assorted GoPro goodies that I got from a local sporting goods store. This was the only attachment that allowed me to angle the gimbal up to 45 degrees or so.

View media item 3094View media item 3093
Thanks! I'll try it tomorrow with my cheap chest mount, I hope I won't crash with this thing.

Merry Christmas! My sewer line is clogged. :stosh:
Try it nao?