Quantcast

***Saturderp GMT***

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
10 degrees on driving home from the hospital. I spent the night there as a patient for a sleep study. Preliminary results are that I am normal. Go figure.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Snow after lunch with ice to follow. 2-3 inches of snow today and up to an inch of ice. Should be fun, yay. Be safe out there.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
and researching maine road trip.....every hiking trail seems to be a god damn rock scramble in google image....hehehe

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
we got a dusting. it called for waffles, bacon, and copious amounts of coffee. soon to be followed by beer. apparently there's a whopping 4"-6" to the north...

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Brilliant ride in crunchy snow. I did not record much before camera's battery decided to go to sleep.
Tomorrow, everything will be quite different. We may be getting up to a foot of snow in the next 18 hours.

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth
As I look out our front window, we are blanketed in about 3-4" of fresh snow. Swept the driveway, and it seems kind of light and grainy, not heavy/wet or powder/dry. Something in between. And found out Kingsbury is open, that the sinkhole has been kinda/sorta repaired for now. Beats taking the long way to Tahoe by using Spooner or Luther. I'd rather stay away from those drivers.

And my new cell phone works, thanks to my daughter. Now to move all my contacts from the old (thanks, Straight Talk, but I've waited too long for a replacement SIM for the corrupt you sent with the phone) to the new......

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I ran a 5K this morning. 20:08. Not a great time for me, but it's hard to run fast on ice. I'll take the 6th place finish and age group win though.

It's dumping snow now.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
I am cleaning house and dropping toots. Nordic skiing would be nice. We are supposed to get a foot of the white stuff later. Saw -14 yesterday. My inlaws saw -40 at their place outside of Laramie last night.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
There are 3 systems that are going to impact the Tetons this week. Total snowfall through the midweek period will be in the 20-30 inch range with higher amounts likely to build through Friday. The first comes in Saturday night with cold temps and 2-4 inches of snow for lift opening on Sunday. Moderate snow will be falling through the day as temps slowly rise late. Expect storm ski conditions and another 3-6 during the day. “I think mid day or last chairs or tram on Sunday can be really good especially with the lighter density snow and totals in the 5-9 inch range.

Muddy

ancient crusty bog dude
Jul 7, 2013
Free Soda Refills at Fuddruckers
Went up to Uberwintern in Stowe with @Bunnista and @w00dy and our friend Kurt. Rode, ate, drank beer and some other stuff, met some other friends, and escaped without frostbite.
Was not on the trail until about 2:00

Was not bad conditions I assume. Could have easily slapped into corners with my 2.8 WTB tires; the couple of true winter bikes I demo'd did shine out on the trail. Rode 10.5 miles.

Maybe catch up w/ you over the Summer. Evan from SMBC wants to head to Thunder Mountain, could write it off as a VMBA corporate think tank, type-thing.

Was not on the trail until about 2:00

Was not bad conditions I assume. Could have easily slapped into corners with my 2.8 WTB tires; the couple of true winter bikes I demo'd did shine out on the trail. Rode 10.5 miles.

Maybe catch up w/ you over the Summer. Evan from SMBC wants to head to Thunder Mountain, could write it off as a VMBA corporate think tank, type-thing.
Cool- we'll catch up at some point...

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Caught some perch. Baking them with milk and breadcrumbs. Smells nasty. Water was very cold when I fell in. If it sounds hollow it is...

Last edited:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Welp that was a failure of a hike. Right past the spot where I took the picture below, is when the 2 foot post holing started. Trail was perfect right up until that point. :monkey:

Heading to trails more towards civilization tomorrow, where I know people have been hiking. Snowshoes to be obtained this week...

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
All packed for first ski lesson day with Mariko tomorrow. I'm not sure if it's physically possible to haul all the crap for her and my gear in one trip. I may be leaving my stuff at the car and circling back.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
All packed for first ski lesson day with Mariko tomorrow. I'm not sure if it's physically possible to haul all the crap for her and my gear in one trip. I may be leaving my stuff at the car and circling back.
I hope she's a morning person and you guys are hitting the road early.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
SOB. I ordered a new pair of running shoes online from Road Runner Sports. Paypal has the right info and cost. Got an email from Road Runner confiming my order. Different brand, size and cost altogether....good thing they don't ship on weekends. fired back a you effed up email. Good thing their CS dept is open tomorrow , calling them first thing in the morning. they better fix it so that I get the right shoes here so I can retire my old ones.