Quantcast

***Saturderp GMT***

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Last nights wine tasting was a great success, in that I had not a single wine. Shockingly, on the far end of the banquet hall, was a whole row of local/semi local breweries and 4 different regional distillers. Food was fit for the monocled classes, as would befit the Broadmoor. Had a great time. 8/10, will monocle again.

Now, work. :thumbsdown:

Last edited:

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Winter is back. Snow covers the ground and chances are, we're going to experience the coldest March 4th ever here. No riding for this old bag of bones today. :(

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
After finding crunchy ground and little ice on Thursday's hike, I had fully planned on going for a ride today; if only to roll down some hills and hike back up.

That plan got squashed pretty fast when I woke up and found out that it was -14 outside. No thanks. Going for a hike-a-beer instead.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
This morning's task is to record a video that will convince the GoPro people that the replacement Karma Grip they sent me is a sack of shit. Footage is recorded and will be up within the hour.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
This morning's task is to record a video that will convince the GoPro people that the replacement Karma Grip they sent me is a sack of shit. Footage is recorded and will be up within the hour.
They won't take your word for it? :thumbsdown: They must be getting desperate.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
They won't take your word for it? :thumbsdown: They must be getting desperate.
Hi Toshi,

Thank you for contacting GoPro Support! I'm sorry you are having problems with The Karma Grip. I'd be happy to help you out.

There were no files sent in the email for video links. As for the refund, unfortunately we are unable to do that since we have provided you with a replacement. If there is a manufacturing defect with it, I would be happy to assist in resolving the issue.
Eventually there will be enough videos on YouTube showing it not working well that they'll become convinced.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
Go go pro has seen Toshi's REI return history?
Heh. I haven't been blacklisted from any sites, probably because I buy a bunch of shit that I don't return (and just don't talk about).

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/if-youre-returning-a-lot-of-amazon-purchases-heres-your-cautionary-tale-2016-03-21

I think my return rate for Amazon is around 1%, and the majority of that was due to my wife: ordering multiple sizes of clothing with free returns to find the proper size, then returning the rest unworn.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Hello Monkies! I'm being a puss and not riding because of the wind, My low fat / low salt Indian butter chicken experiment went excellent in that it tasted good and did not give me the shits this morning, The suace would be excellent with lamb but them... the low fat part would be gone.

I should attempt being productive. I haven't had a weekend off in awhile so I am not sure what to do.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
3 bikes to work on today. I like working on bikes. People think I am good at it. I think that is primarily because I don't accept payment for my work.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Great day overall here.

Picked up my Revolt, almost exactly two weeks after ordering it.

Lots of turbo cars out there today, including a whole wack load of great Subarus, one RS5 and an RS7. Dude in the RS7 was having fun, that was for sure. The way that thing squats down and just dissapears is a little nutty. It's also interesting that it's exhaust barks and pops, but it isn't loud at all. 11/10 would bang.

I did get to 'ride' a bike today. The bike shop had this nearly 60 pound full suspension Giant e-bike just built up and they let me take it for a spin. I can see why it could be fun.....But still. Kill list.

But most importantly, I found some Dale's and Lagunitas at the liquor store. It only cost $33 for 8 Dale's and a 6 pack of the Lagunatis IPA. But really, 4 packs? What kind of horseshit is that?

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Great day overall here.

Lots of turbo cars out there today, including a whole wack load of great Subarus, one RS5 and an RS7. Dude in the RS7 was having fun, that was for sure. The way that thing squats down and just dissapears is a little nutty. It's also interesting that it's exhaust barks and pops, but it isn't loud at all. 11/10 would bang.

I did get to 'ride' a bike today. The bike shop had this nearly 60 pound full suspension Giant e-bike just built up and they let me take it for a spin. I can see why it could be fun.....But still. Kill list.

But most importantly, I found some Dale's and Lagunitas at the liquor store. It only cost $33 for 8 Dale's and a 6 pack of the Lagunatis IPA. But really, 4 packs? What kind of horseshit is that?

You are going to need pedals... road bikes work like trail bikes, just sayin'.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Booya

did a nice 2hr dirt ride with 2800' of total climbing. Last time I hit this park some of the climbs were shall we say taxing on my Cardiovascular system. There is no warm up you climb up a wall for 20 minutes right out of the parking lot. Today the whole ride felt like an easy spin, all the cardio work this winter is paying off.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
Nice. 2800' vertical is no joke. You sure about those numbers? Because that much in two hours is pretty damn fast...

Dirtrider

noah
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
Great day overall here.

Damn that's expensive Dales Pale Ale. :D

Dirtrider

noah
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
Too tired to ride so I'll just eat a blueberry muffin instead.

Stupid question, but would Bent Creek be jam packed on a Sunday now-a-days ?
Probably with the weather warming up which is why I avoid BC this time of year. Rode MR today..Spencer-Fletcher-Middle-Big Creek and saw one other rider. BC is fine earlier in the mornings now, but on the weekends in the spring it Can be a zoo.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Probably with the weather warming up which is why I avoid BC this time of year. Rode MR today..Spencer-Fletcher-Middle-Big Creek and saw one other rider. BC is fine earlier in the mornings now, but on the weekends in the spring it Can be a zoo.
That's weird, thought I posted the tired muffin thing earlier today.

That's what I thought about BC. The place obviously gets ridiculous amounts of traffic compared to when I lived there.

I want to park a Rice Pinnacle and and ride up to Greens Lick then Side Hill to the dirt road up to the parkway. From there drop down Spencer then up Wash Creek and back to BC. I've only gone so far as the parkway, which took two hours including a stop at Five Points. It would be a good way of getting in shape for 5-7 hour Pisgah rides.

The gravel road from Side Hill up to the bridge is fucking brutal though. Really makes me want something lower than a 32-36.