Quantcast

***Saturderp GMT***

I am waiting for coffee to have its full effect. I'm waiting for a rather small asteroid to take out Washington, DC. I'm waiting for the cold to abate. I'm waiting to start skitting about the country to try different beers and ride in different, and some of the same, places. I'm waiting for a young and attractive woman to decide to sit on my face.

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
For my arse to thaw? :think: 10F here and windy with 2.5" of fresh snow. Nice January weather and we're switching to DST tomorrow. :rant:
I escaped that weather yesterday, but here at home it is 50 and pouring rain all the way up into the mtns. So, not sure if "escaped" is correct...

Northeast folks are in for some real fun next week.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I am waiting for coffee to have its full effect. I'm waiting for a rather small asteroid to take out Washington, DC. I'm waiting for the cold to abate. I'm waiting to start skitting about the country to try different beers and ride in different, and some of the same, places. I'm waiting for a young and attractive woman to decide to sit on my face.
Looking at your wish list, the odds of the asteroid impact seem pretty good to me.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
20:46 in my 5K race. 5th place overall and 2nd in my age group. Too damn windy (25-45 mph winds), cold (negative wind chills), and hilly (300' of uphill) to put up a fast race time. I got out of the car and thought "What the hell am I doing racing in this shit?" I knew after two miles that I was locked into 5th place because the person behind me was nowhere in sight, so I basically coasted the last mile. Age group winners got medals, and second place got nothing, Figures. Fuckers. Stopped off for a chicken salad sandwich on my way home.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Still balls cold and blowing snow. Collective Project IPA No.1 is the shiznit so I bought two more 4packs today. I am too lazy to do any serious chores today, Imma be watching the Bruins instead.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Ensharen some of those pics!
Dude, you're just going to have to see it for yourself. Some other gnomes have gone completely off the chain with building trails in several of the gullies. Think massive wall rides, drops, hips, and gaps. Even the Tabletop section got re-worked.

The section we're working on is some technical old school single track. And for the first time in the 27 years I've been riding there, there will be an actual, full length rock garden.

Last edited:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
So, you're waiting for Godot?!

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
It's frigid out, and there's no new snow. Took my 4 yo to see a movie again. Went to one of those pre-cineplex ones that are slightly cheaper. He was too afraid of Trolls, so had to leave. We wandered around the mall a bit, but he was having none of that. Smart boy.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
i am in shit shape. yet pisgah delivered. farlow/daniel/longbranch/cat gap. hub for beers and pizza. snowed on us on the entire farlow descent. effing awesome. best part was as we rode down the steep part of farlow, some dudes who had stopped to walk down it were cheering for us. :rofl:

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
i am in shit shape. yet pisgah delivered. farlow/daniel/longbranch/cat gap. hub for beers and pizza. snowed on us on the entire farlow descent. effing awesome. best part was as we rode down the steep part of farlow, some dudes who had stopped to walk down it were cheering for us. :rofl:
Farlow is one of the few trails in Pisgah proper that I'm reluctant to ride solo. I've ridden it on a DH sled that did not have a functioning rear brake, which is probably the stupidest thing I've done on a bike. But never attempted it solo.

How long did it take to complete ?

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Farlow is one of the few trails in Pisgah proper that I'm reluctant to ride solo. I've ridden it on a DH sled that did not have a functioning rear brake, which is probably the stupidest thing I've done on a bike. But never attempted it solo.

How long did it take to complete ?
my rear brake needed a bit of "pumping up" all day...will bleed tonight.

whole ride was about 2.5 hours, but we shuttled a good chunk of the initial fire road climb. still got in 2200' of gain.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Fun was had riding and out and back on the ridgeline. At the top looking across the valley with the cities of Pleasanton and Dublin, and up over the Altamont with it's giant windmills you could see the Snow capped Sierras over 100 miles away

the Sierras in the distance