Quantcast

***Saturderp GMT***

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
my rear brake needed a bit of "pumping up" all day...will bleed tonight.

whole ride was about 2.5 hours, but we shuttled a good chunk of the initial fire road climb. still got in 2200' of gain.
I'm not in shape for 5+ hour rides in Pisgah myself. But I am in shape to climb up to Butter and rip it all the way down to Cat gap before April 15. Debating wether or not to gap the small boulder on Cat. Those Cane Creek boys make that look way easier than it is.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I'm not in shape for 5+ hour rides in Pisgah myself. But I am in shape to climb up to Butter and rip it all the way down to Cat gap before April 15. Debating wether or not to gap the small boulder on Cat. Those Cane Creek boys make that look way easier than it is.
I'm not in shape either and managed to pull off that 8-9 hour day of creek swimming from Turkey Pen and then up Laurel; leaving Pilot Rock for when I wanted to jump in the river and end my life. Just gotta get out and do it. Don't forget some sandwiches. :D

Y'all have no idea how much i'd like to ride some of those trails again right now.

Rode a phat bike in -12 temps today. It was fun but I want some god damn dirt. There is still so much snow in the forest up there in ski country. :(

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
:D
did that today...and booted the little 4-stair set not long after it...hooted and hollered with joy the whole time. glad i decided to not wuss out and do the second part of the ride...

Last edited:

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Working on beer #2 following a chicken burger laced with a sadistic Reaper sauce. IPA No.1 is simply excellent but the Luponic Distortion 005 was a bit underwhelming. Not a bad beer but just not remarkable given the competition in our heart of beer hipsterdom. :nerd:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
yep...especially when there are no hikers!
my goal, in general, is to make every descent nutty fast though.
I can't remember which is which, exactly, but when we rode with @Dirtrider there was a family squatting conveniently right in one of the big rock piles.

Or is Cat Gap the stuff lower down, which is pretty much like riding a luge down to the parking lot?

Fun trail(s) either way. :)

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
I can't remember which is which, exactly, but when we rode with @Dirtrider there was a family squatting conveniently right in one of the big rock piles.

Or is Cat Gap the stuff lower down, which is pretty much like riding a luge down to the parking lot?

Fun trail(s) either way. :)
cat is the lower section that puts you in the hatchery parking lot. there is a biggish rock slab you can launch off about 1/4 of the way down...

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
I'm not in shape either and managed to pull off that 8-9 hour day of creek swimming from Turkey Pen and then up Laurel; leaving Pilot Rock for when I wanted to jump in the river and end my life. Just gotta get out and do it. Don't forget some sandwiches. :D
Keep in mind, my Pisgah epics are all solo. So I need to have a certain level of fitness in order to be fully self-reliant. Nobody has my back out there.

Granted there is a certain element of risk that goes along with riding backcountry solo, not unlike dh racing, that gets me amped.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
i ride backcountry solo a lot because of my schedule...i should probably care more about the risks i take when i do...but honestly most of my fastest times come on those rides

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001

Yuna loved skiing, and by skiing I mean being strapped to my belly as I skied. Mariko rocked it in Intro to Parallel, and Jessica took some tips to heart and was looking smooth by the end of the day.

We didn't take the train, though! (because there was a freight train derailment on that segment and there's only a single track.)