Quantcast

***Saturderp GMT***

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Woman-child nailed her grades again so we took her out for dinner and movie yesterday evening. Girl loves her some sushi, and I'm okay with it. :drool:

Going to be a nice day. Shame to piss it away in the depths of the salt mine.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Beerfest with @Nick today. CX frame, fork, and seat collar ordered - $253. Everything else but the brakes are coming from the Look. Getting ready to be yelled at for buying a new bike, at least until I can clear the Look.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Told Wifey the bike plans. She didn't get mad. I guess when I told her it would make money that I could use to offset the super beater, she was cool with it?

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Lost my credit card sometime on this trip. No big deal except I will have to update a myriad of sites with the new number later.

:monocleproblems:

In other news my allergies and DC pollens do not get along well.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Finally got Jer to pick a color, we are doing Sun Yellow frame and fork with the black accessories. He wanted green and yellow, but his brothers bike is florescent green and I think that was what he was stuck on. But I got it all in primer last night and we went over some pics until he was excited. This was the pic that sold him on the idea (His Mongoose Switch isn't his nice).

I think its a good look and the parts are in great shape.

Here is the stock bike, it was a little worn when I got it.

The rear brake was long gone, I tossed the front brake, it has a coaster.

Last edited:

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Back in NYC. Good to see the wife and kids. Jet lag not so fun.

Looks like I am getting the house I want to buy. Just waiting for the banks approval and the sellers okay to keep some stuff from the house. So everything is falling into place. Its a big commitment both financially and work we have to put into the house but I thing it will be good for the family. Great location and tons of space with tons of outdoor activities more or less right outside the house.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Afternoon Monkies! I am just about packed for my trip to Dallas but decided I needed new Polo shirts at the last minute, currently waiting for the to dry then I have 4 hours to ef around the trails this afternoon. The weather is fantastic - mid 70s with a light breeze and zero chance of rain. :thumb:

Last edited:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Dwarf mistletoe is my least favorite thing about now. Probably 10 pine trees felled this morning, still got at least five more to go.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Afternoon Monkies! I am jstuhlman about packed for my trip to Dallas but decided I needed new Polo shirts at the last minute, currently waiting game for the to dry then I have 4 hours to ef around the trails this afternoon. The weather is fantastic - mid 70s with a light breeze and zero chance of rain. :thumb:
not sure whether to be flattered or offended...

solo dad for the day...kids having multiple friends over...so i'm hiding on the porch drinking bier

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
Landed at DIA then taxied forever. Didn't know the airport was this big. Maybe we did a couple of laps of it.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Ride complete. Getting to the trail was a shit show. Apparently it is yard sale day in one town on the way, so it was chaos. Then the next town over had a triathlon going, so they had the main freakin' road closed to get to the forest. And then the parking lot at the trail head was jammed completely full.

Good thing we scoped out this other fire road and got a PRIME parking spot, sunny but in the shade and absolutely no people. For how packed the parking lot was, we only ran into 4 riders out in the bush. We also detoured a bit and found some awesome trail. Also discovered a new beer break spot with a great view of the valley.

What a great day dudes. Blue skies forever, trails are in mint condition and the temperature is perfect. The only mistake I made today was doing a trail ride and not hitting up the DH hill. Tomorrow is looking like rain, so they'll be closed. :(

I purchased a bunch of pepper and tomato plants. Going to spend the rest of the evening drinking beers in the sun and planting these little guys.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
I too completed a ride, maybe not as awesome but still satisfying as I was able to school a newbe on a florescent green Trek hard tail. I am usually pretty easy going but something about this punk and his mirror sunglasses rubbed me the wrong way. The place I ride has a mile rolling climb back up to the car park, there is an easy trail and a moderate trail, the easy trail is a sustained low grade climb and the moderate trail has one short lung busting climb. I did not realize we were racing until we met up at the y for the last half mile, I yielded as I was winded and needed to catch my breath. Just before the last bit of single track we both stopped and small talk ensued.He was waiting for his dad and said I might want to wait too so I wouldn't have to yield twice. This seemed reasonable to me as they both might have been hot doggers, however this was not the case and they were both fucking slow. I said on your tail and his dad let me pass, the kid sped up but could not sustain and would not let me pass. This pissed me off so I jumped the trail on his left and dropped in front and hammered up the last half mile with everything I had. He gave a bit of a chase but could not keep up. The effort drove my heart rate to 178. Totally worth it but now I am zonked. Good to know I can race a newbe for half a mile and win...

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
wanted to clean and lube my air can today. Can't get the can unscrewed off my debonair monarch. the can spins, but won't come off. grrr. oh well, it'll go back on, and I'll get the shop to look at it for me. And change the bearings in my links, that are fucked too.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Went to Thuper Awethum and was quite glad I was properly prepared with duck tape as I ripped the seat out of my shorts and kept getting snagged on the saddle. A few pieces across the crotch for that ultimate endurpo look and back on the bike.

Had some discount Thai for dinner, red curry with fried tofu.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Depends on the circumstances. Backpacking: they get eaten. Lakes that are stocked,: probably not eaten just released. Streams where I am day fishing and i have food in the camper: release if un-injured otherwise they get eaten.
We get Steelheads and Rainbows that fight like hell. I release them as they are stocked. Perch, Pike, Walleyes, and Brownies get eaten almost always. I stream (tributary) fish in Public parks. Our county park system (Olmstead designed by the way) has a stocking program second to none. Our abundance is awesome. I can ride the same parks I fish at.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
We tried out Thai Flavor on south Peoria tonight, as it made Westword's top 12 a few years back. Very disappointed. Mediocre, even. Although there was food left over we didn't have them box any of that shit.

Thai Pot is the best we've had so far, so we'll be heading back to there in the future even if it is ~25 minutes away.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
We tried out Thai Flavor on south Peoria tonight, as it made Westword's top 12 a few years back. Very disappointed. Mediocre, even. Although there was food left over we didn't have them box any of that shit.

Thai Pot is the best we've had so far, so we'll be heading back to there in the future even if it is ~25 minutes away.
Wait. Do you mean to say you can go to a restaurant, with kids?! You can do that?! That's actually a thing?