Quantcast

***Saturderp GMT***

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Possible storm this afternoon. Will try to hit the pool with the kid before lunch.

Gonna try and ride sometime this weekend. It's been a while. Caved and got a lumbar pack.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Rise Against concert last night was awesome. Interesting observation: after Deftones played, a lot of people left. I understand that Deftones and Rise Against are very different music types, but even more left after the lead singer made his normal social commentary. I guess that says who listens to which type of music too?

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Off to Seattle until Wednesday for a social trip.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Possible storm this afternoon. Will try to hit the pool with the kid before lunch.

Gonna try and ride sometime this weekend. It's been a while. Caved and got a lumbar pack.
I was informed that lumbar packs are just slightly evolved fanny packs... it's going to be 90 plus today so I may break mine out. My regular hydration pack holds too much heat.

JBP, I have read about this camp for years but retained very little because no pictures. Please expound in detail the purpose of the camp, general location and where you buried the treasure. Thanks!
Lake Champlain on Potash Bay. Primitive, but power, water, internet, phone. Nice place to hang out. Have had it since the mid 1980s, H spends progressively less time there.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
You were informed correctly. Haven't tried it yet, but everyone I've talked to with one seems to prefer it for shorter rides. I needed a new small riding pack anyways, and I found a CamelBak palos for half off.
I have a Camelback 40oz Flash Flow that has lasted 15 years and a North Face Backwater that holds up to 120oz plus food, tools and tubes. Both have served well.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I am glad I decided to skip the lake swim last night and went to the pool instead. It fuckin' POURED. There were rivers on the roads, and lightning flying around all over the place. Pretty wild stuff. So on my 25 mile road ride this morning, the roads were covered in tree debris and I had to dodge sticks and branches. Finished my ride and did a quick 2 mile run. Wife and I hit up the fancy grocery store after and loaded up on seafood for grilling tonight. A good Saturday as these things go.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I have a Camelback 40oz Flash Flow that has lasted 15 years and a North Face Backwater that holds up to 120oz plus food, tools and tubes. Both have served well.
Yea the CamelBak it replaced was like 10 years old and I couldn't find a replacement bladder. I figure that's a pretty good run.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
The Weber shit the bed. Leg holder thing bent when I fell on it carrying it down the trail because the wheels broke also. I only used it for camping. I have ribs. chicken, sausages, peppers and onions. Just no grill. Fuckity fuck.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Last rain storm for a while is scheduled for this afternoon.
Same for here. FINALLY. It dumped rain as soon as we cracked open the post ride beers.

Rode with a bunch of buddies today, it was awesome. Lots of climbing and lots descending. But damn there was no breeze in the forest and the humidity was pegged through the roof.

I just want to watch the DH race replay, hit the shed and sleep, but I said I'd go over to someones bbq. Ugh. Will probably bring one beer and just float in the pool.

Last edited:

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I am in Seattle. Awfully rough touchdown from the north. Watched about half of Pacific Rim in between entertaining Yuna and taking her to the bathroom repeatedly on this leg. On the way back I'll have Mariko by me instead so will be able to veg.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Paid it forward today. 15 years ago my bike broke in the middle of BFE and as I was walking the 30 miles back to the car with my bike on the shoulder I got a lift from a Sheriff. Today I saw a guy walking down the road bike on his shoulder. Flipped a u turn, put his bike in my truck and drove him 15 miles home. Yeah I was going the other direction but it's only 30 minutes of time out of my day and it made his.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
In Aspen. Holy holiday traffic. :mad: For some reason not being able to fill the stupid airplanes with potable water for a 45 minute flight is not something we defer any more. So instead of leaving on time and just not being able to get coffee = moar bad than a 6 hour delay.
Primitive, but power, water, internet, phone.
I don't think you know what that word means.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Decent ride today in 88 degrees with a slight breeze. I had my first flat in years, found a 2mm puncture when I changed the tube. As I was wrapping up a guy came up pushing his bike with a flat, he had no tube and was running 26" wheels. His walk out was a little over 5 miles... don't let this be you.

Also: I ran into a guy I sorta know who was sporting a spanking new Devinci Spartan Carbon GX, it was super bright yellow and looked like a medium. I will ask to ride it the next time I see him on the trail. He rode my Yeti SB6 on day 2 so it's only fair.

Last edited:

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Keystone day #1. Smashed my balls (on the back of my saddle) in a steep chute, and one stupid crash dumped me on my freshly healed ribs. :mad: Trails are FAST and rocks are still rocky.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Keystone day #1. Smashed my balls (on the back of my saddle) in a steep chute, and one stupid crash dumped me on my freshly healed ribs. :mad: Trails are FAST and rocks are still rocky.
I was not witness to this crash.

However Wife and I were witness to Nick drinking a cold one at the bottom of the lift. Then he'd left by the time we did another run :(

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Might be suffering from Pisgah withdrawal. Couldn't get motivated to ride the local stuff with the minor threat of thunderstorms so I laid down for a minute, which turned into three hours.