Quantcast

***Saturderp GMT***

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Effing federal government shutdown....

I've been waiting months to book a surprise something for my wife's birthday on recreation.gov. Tried last night when it opened up for booking (6 month lead time) and it needed me to wait a little longer until 10 Eastern this morning.

And now the website is closed for bookings :/

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Not feeling motivated to work, but at work nonetheless. On the upside, I had delicious drunken noodle leftovers for breakfast a few minutes ago.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Gonna be 50F here, too - had to steal an early ride before slush and mess. I succeeded despite one or two unplanned dismounts caused by slick ice under snow.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Wife is out of town, and being the wild man that I am, I went to bed earlier than normal last night. I woke up at 5:45 this morning, before the alarm clock, because my body decided nine hours of sleep was enough. Been at work today and will head home in an hour or so and go for a run. Exempt employee = 5 hours of extra work gets you a pat on the back if you are lucky.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Skiing. Tired from the week so only a few runs.

Instead of boarding myself, I'm watching Haley do her lessons. She's doing quite well, I think.
Due to @Nick 's work a few weeks ago she was able to get pulled out of the magic carpet group (with another kid) and had a 2:1 lesson with the kids school supervisor because she was at a higher level than expected. They took her up the lift and are working on turns.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Portrait orientation videos make teh baby Jeebus cry
Phones are designed to be held in portrait mode. They should rotate the sensor 90 degrees for ergonomic piture taking without the dumb portrait images.

For that matter why not round sensors with auto orientation?

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
No. You're kill list status for being a crybaby about your expectations of professional videographer skills from a goddam smartphone.
Did you miss that it's stoney that I'm ragging on? It's basically expected

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Most excellent hammer fest on the road bike. I had to get a ton of crap done this morning the get back and get ready to take the wife out for Greek Food Tonight at Demitris Taverna http://www.demitristavernalivermore.com/#demitris-menu tonight.

20 miles in 1:12 with some serious headwinds on the way back. HR monitor said i averaged 137 BPM with 53 minute in the peak zone ( hit a 177 BPM max ) for my age group.

Last edited: