Quantcast

***Saturderp GMT***

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Going to go in for some OT because Sears pissed me off so bad I've decided I'd rather buy a whole new dishwasher than spend 10 dollars with Sears. Who has a dish washer recommendation? I'd like three trays, stainless (interior) and a sanitization cycle, if possible. Not buying a kenmore, obviously.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
We have a Bosch 800 series, I think. Super quiet. Use of rinse aid is mandatory, though.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
My two friends racing the Colorado Trail Race did a big push yesterday to RM397, they stopped riding around 3am. This puts them 7 miles below Spring Creek Pass, which is the start of the Jarosa Mesa / Cataract Ridge section. They’re gonna spend All. Damn. Day. at 12k or above, and will cross the high point of the CT at over 13k feet above the level of the sea. @SkaredShtles and I know this section well and I wish them Godspeed and Buena Suerte. Man, what a week for them... they’re the two most stressful dots on the internet this week.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
:wave:

Going to go in for some OT because Sears pissed me off so bad I've decided I'd rather buy a whole new dishwasher than spend 10 dollars with Sears. Who has a dish washer recommendation? I'd like three trays, stainless (interior) and a sanitization cycle, if possible. Not buying a kenmore, obviously.
Bosch 300 series, just bought it 2 weeks ago. Wifey working for a developer has a key in with their distributor, so we got a lot of really good feedback and information from her:
- Almost all Bosch dishwashers are the same
- Make sure the entire drum is 100% stainless; drum and basin.
- Kitchenaid is also super nice and last a long time; they are made by Whirlpool and are a notably higher quality line, but you pay for it.
- If you have hard water issues in you area, get the cheapest high-quality you can find, as they are going to be replaced every couple of years (5-7 years for Highlands Ranch)

edit: Almost forgot
- The Bosch that don't have the series number labeled are sub level series and you should avoid them.
- As much as you hate Sears, their new stuff is going to be best cost. Sign up for their points program, then look for coupons and/or getting giftcards for discount on cardpool or the like. You can probably scrub a few hundred dollars off. The point system gets you a bunch of cash value back and will let you buy tools and shit afterwards.

Last edited:

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
On to important topics though! Haley did a sleep over and is off with her cousins this morning, so we have nothing to do when it comes to keeping her occupied. I will get to spend the morning looking at opportunities for my future income - rental and otherwise:brows:. Wifey is on board with both options, even if involves me travelling somewhat regularly. Gotta do what you gotta do.

BBQ at Wifey's cousin's this afternoon, then flying home tomorrow. Not really sure how this was a week vacation because I'm more tired than I was when I started. Damn babies not sleeping.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
you quit the stress fest of making other people rich?
Still doing it. Looking at other, less client facing options. I deal a LOT with govt retirement plans right now, so I'm looking at moving away from revenue driven options. Those are an easy way to move away from them and all that pension money...

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
parents have the same thing i think.....they say it is almost too quiet.
Ours has a red light that projects onto the floor to notify us if it's running. Was a constant problem at the old house; opening it too early.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Rode DH at Keystone with wifey. Now drinking beers at home.

I've lived in my house two years and have never even used or opened our dishwasher. Don't even know what brand it is...

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
worked all day at the horse show. only thing i did was check out an old guy that fell out of a chair and cut his elbow. Walked 5 miles arounf the showgrounds during the day then went for a post work road bike ride. 20 miles and 1100 feet of climbing. twas freaking windy and hot out but that made for a screaming good workout. Made Pan Blackened Salmon in Habanero sauce crumbled over a kale salad for dinner.