Quantcast

***Saturderp GMT***

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I have two for you to choose from. Neither fancy, nor pink.
Thanks dude, I appreciate it! I am meeting a couple guys out at White Ranch right now for a ride, and one of them is bringing me a bottle cage.

Also, shit is about to get real… I’ve got this combination of ingredients marinating in the fridge right now for grilling later.

D5896AAF-1D8A-44D8-BC07-3F402C150DD9.jpeg

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Woke up about 2.5 hours ago, got the damage report, made coffee, blueberry pancakes and bacon. Nao it’s time for a nap. Then head to the studio and piddle around for several hours. Been doing this since le Plague has come to town.

Currently have no plans on reopening to the public anytime soon. Wedding season is pretty much toast this Spring. And without mah thru hike I feel lost.

But it is better than drowning in one’s own fluids or dropping off a loved one at the hospital to do the same.

Survival of Covid-19 will favor those with patience. Don’t take the “gotta open up the economy” bait.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Bad weather continues, sunny now but wicked cold and wind is howling. I got nothing better to do so I munch on pizza, drink beers and play with mah knives.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Afternoon monkeys. Lots of rain these last few days, no trails to ride for a week. Went for a road bike ride this morning, started out at 47 degrees and 6MPH winds. Cold within 30 minutes and too many clouds blocking the sun. Just over 150 base miles for May. Still waiting for the magic to happen.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
i'm going to start wearing a body camera to document the everyday total fucksticks i encounter....

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
Still can't hike around your part? Everything closed?

or falling of a window.
State parks reopened today. But were closed due to record numbers of visitors who were not practicing social distancing. Basically what happened was that all the couch potatoes and cubical jockeys were told to stay home and play video games but instead wanted to all be Bear Grylls.

Maybe now that retail stores are oping back up the traffic in the woods will subside. But I have only been getting out about once a week for a 3+ hour ride. Have given up on hiking and don't even walk in the evenings anymore.

I cannot tell you how terrifying it is being amongst these idiots who are not taking the threat seriously. So very few wear masks and fewer respect the 6 feet rule.

I fear another wave is inevitable given our lack of testing and impatience.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
went and slowly rode my bike around in the close-by-me woods nestled in the city. didn't really encounter many people, thankfully. @AngryMetalsmith - sorry the mouthbreathers are getting to you. don't you have a few local trail options beyond moore's springs? here, they closed parking lots (and state parks, until yesterday) but you could still park elsewhere and ride in. county parking lots are now open again here. buddy said salem lake had been getting some nice dirtwork recently...

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
went and slowly rode my bike around in the close-by-me woods nestled in the city. didn't really encounter many people, thankfully. @AngryMetalsmith - sorry the mouthbreathers are getting to you. don't you have a few local trail options beyond moore's springs? here, they closed parking lots (and state parks, until yesterday) but you could still park elsewhere and ride in. county parking lots are now open again here. buddy said salem lake had been getting some nice dirtwork recently...
crowders mountain should be a good old fashioned cluster fuck by 9:00 a.m. tomorrow morning....

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
MST was closed along with Hanging Rawk. Haven't ridden it since, maybe, September. Unfortunately chances are very high that the parking lots and mtb trails will be packed with non bikers wandering around. However, a mid week, mid day recon mission will probably happen at some point. Other than SL there are few options and all would be over crowded. Just not worth it.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
crowders mountain should be a good old fashioned cluster fuck by 9:00 a.m. tomorrow morning....
stopped going there a year or two ago because it had gotten so stupid. we started going in at the boulders access, which was better.
MST was closed along with Hanging Rawk. Haven't ridden it since, maybe, September. Unfortunately chances are very high that the parking lots and mtb trails will be packed with non bikers wandering around. However, a mid week, mid day recon mission will probably happen at some point. Other than SL there are few options and all would be over crowded. Just not worth it.
i've found that even if there's a bunch of cars in the lot i rarely see more than a few people on the trail once i get going. hope you can get a good spin in soon!

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Goes from kind of chilly to too-warm in one freaking day. 70, but with the sun angle it easily feels like 80.