Quantcast

***Saturderp GMT***

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. TN is ball sweat humid. Working on CFP studies until the house wakes up then off to do who the fuck knows... Supposedly the Grand Ol Opry is on the list for the week. I might stay home with Hannah and let everybody else go. Because country music sucks that bad.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
mulling over job prospects this morning. preparing to accept that offer I mentioned, but I want to avoid the appearance of job hopping. on the one hand, it's worth leaving a job I don't love, on the other I don't want a pattern of bouncing around. hmmm

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
mulling over job prospects this morning. preparing to accept that offer I mentioned, but I want to avoid the appearance of job hopping. on the one hand, it's worth leaving a job I don't love, on the other I don't want a pattern of bouncing around. hmmm
How long have you been in your current job?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Present. Catching up on 2 weeks of yard work today. Mowing, trimming, and man did the garden explode.

Grilling burgers tonight, gonna try the meat grinder.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
How long have you been in your current job?
16mo

I was honestly considering moving on a year ago, but didn’t want to switch during COVID. Things haven’t gotten better so here I am. It probably would have been clearer if I had left earlier, as the bad fit would have been obvious

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
16mo

I was honestly considering moving on a year ago, but didn’t want to switch during COVID. Things haven’t gotten better so here I am. It probably would have been clearer if I had left earlier, as the bad fit would have been obvious
Bail for greener pastures.

I have not permanently departed the cozy confines of bed quite yet. The baby snuggler has abandoned me, though, so I shall arise sooner or later.

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
Rode a proper downhill bike last weekend and now I keep hitting classifieds looking for some kind of deal that likely doesn't exist. I really don't need one but I want one. No riding this weekend though - chores around the house.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Rode a proper downhill bike last weekend and now I keep hitting classifieds looking for some kind of deal that likely doesn't exist. I really don't need one but I want one. No riding this weekend though - chores around the house.
Somebody had a 26'er '11 Giant Glory locally in these parts for $1500. Seems a little high, but who knows in the current market?

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Somebody had a 26'er '11 Giant Glory locally in these parts for $1500. Seems a little high, but who knows in the current market?
My 2017 GT Fury sold in 10 minutes on PB a few weeks ago. Should have clearly listed it for more.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Do you ever worry about overtraining?
I do not. Today was not a hard effort kind of day...just long.

Dude, seriously? He is the Babs.
Runner of miles, swimmer of meters. Destroyer of 1st place pies.

Overtraining.... psssshh
Today was fueled by an enormous cinnamon bun before the ride, and an enormous raspberry scone mid-day, both from a small bakery here in town. I don't think 40 miles was enough to burn those off.