Quantcast

***Saturderp GMT***

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
We had better make a ton of money from this gagare sale. Especially to be woken up this fucking early on a Saturday when I was in REM.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Showed a colleague a new to him trail this morning. There the E-EnduroBros were out in force: overweight middle-age man, heavily tattooed upper bodies (of course they had the shirts off in the parking lot!), totally looking like the part in their color matchy-match Fox this, Troy Lee that, knee, ellbow guards...you get the picture. Annoyingly, we ran into them on the trail and they would discuss every drop and feature before hitting the smallest one or riding around it. But also on uphill pieces of single track they were creating traffic jams because apparently getting e-barges around tight corners doesn't work.
Meanwhile my completly unrideable 26" aluminum bike with way too steep HA, too short wheelbase and the reach of a kid's bike did fine and I managed to hit all drops and jumps. Even my colleague on his old-school 29" XC hardtail rode steep rollers better than them. :rofl:
Best part was when we first met them and they asked us if we had some cigarettes for them. My response: no, because we are cyclist and not motorcyclists. :cool:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Or not. 5 minutes from the house and the tire light came on. Right rear with a nail in it. :rant:
View attachment 182336

Jesus Christ am I pissed off right now
y u no take the Leaf for extra adventure?!

/me is working today and tomorrow. from home even though i'm supposed to be sitting at an identical computer in the basement of the hospital for some reason.

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
Replacing a door lock actuator in the 4Runner today. This will go one of two ways:

1) No big deal and will take 30-40 minutes like YouTube tells me it will.

2) Will be an all day affair with heaps of frustration, foul language, and in the end, probably a few beers.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Showed a colleague a new to him trail this morning. There the E-EnduroBros were out in force: overweight middle-age man, heavily tattooed upper bodies (of course they had the shirts off in the parking lot!), totally looking like the part in their color matchy-match Fox this, Troy Lee that, knee, ellbow guards...you get the picture. Annoyingly, we ran into them on the trail and they would discuss every drop and feature before hitting the smallest one or riding around it. But also on uphill pieces of single track they were creating traffic jams because apparently getting e-barges around tight corners doesn't work.
Meanwhile my completly unrideable 26" aluminum bike with way too steep HA, too short wheelbase and the reach of a kid's bike did fine and I managed to hit all drops and jumps. Even my colleague on his old-school 29" XC hardtail rode steep rollers better than them. :rofl:
Best part was when we first met them and they asked us if we had some cigarettes for them. My response: no, because we are cyclist and not motorcyclists. :cool:
Sent this to a local riding buddy:

Just got back from_____.You know those e-bikes that have small wheels with stupidly wide tires ? An older woman on one was standing with it in the middle of the dirt road across from the playground. Just standing there. I yelled out my usual warning when passing. She looked at me but didn't move so I went wide to go around her and she turns into me. I locked up both brakes, slid out and had to dump the bike to keep from hitting her. She didn't say a word, but just gave me a smug entitled look. I of course blurted out a very loud FUCK for all to hear. Probably not the best response but damnit. Gah I hate those fucking e-bikes and the oblivious clowns who pilot them.

Just got back from_____.You know those e-bikes that have small wheels with stupidly wide tires ? An older woman on one was standing with it in the middle of the dirt road across from the playground. Just standing there. I yelled out my usual warning when passing. She looked at me but didn't move so I went wide to go around her and she turns into me. I locked up both brakes, slid out and had to dump the bike to keep from hitting her. She didn't say a word, but just gave me a smug entitled look. I of course blurted out a very loud FUCK for all to hear. Probably not the best response but damnit. Gah I hate those fucking e-bikes and the oblivious clowns who pilot them.
Yup.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001

run her the fuck over next time

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Are you fucking drunk? That's more than the tires for the M at Discount Tire.
That's pretty much what they've always cost for this stupid car no matter where we've bought them from. Top trim model came with those stupid big wheels. I'm honestly surprised it wasn't more considering how much everything else has gone up recently.

Edit: that was quote including alignment, if it needs it.

Last edited:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
le tired....
15 hour work day yesterday between school, modified FH practice, coaching a Varsity Game, DJ supervisor for a MS Fun Night and then proctoring our girls Varsity Soccer game. Phew.
Today I would have liked to enjoy my coffee on the deck but it was 40 so I sat in my house and stared at the TV. Atleast it wasn't all bad news on the morning show. Off to pick some apples...

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
That's pretty much what they've always cost for this stupid car no matter where we've bought them from. Top trim model came with those stupid big wheels. I'm honestly surprised it wasn't more considering how much everything else has gone up recently.

For the Mazda? I was getting 18*9.5 and 18*9 Pilot Super Sports. There isn't much that's more expensive than that.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Went to the archery shop for 6 arrows, walked away with a new bow and 6 arrows. Fffffffff. Turns out fancy flagship bow shoots markedly better than my beginner bow, who woulda thought?

Damn that's spendy. I think I was out $1,000 for a set of BFGs on the wife's CX-5.

Last edited: