Quantcast

***Saturderp GMT***

gonefirefightin

free wieners
:wave:

Went to the archery shop for 6 arrows, walked away with a new bow and 6 arrows. Fffffffff. Turns out fancy flagship bow shoots markedly better than my beginner bow, who woulda thought?

If you buy the flagships they will last you 4-6 years and still be at the same speeds and numbers for quite some time. Been running my prime CT5 for 4 years now, still don't see a bow that really outshoots it.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
If you buy the flagships they will last you 4-6 years and still be at the same speeds and numbers for quite some time. Been running my prime CT5 for 4 years now, still don't see a bow that really outshoots it.
It's a Mathews V3X. Still at 70lb draw weight (295 fps through the chronometer at 27" draw length), but it's so fucking smooth compared to my old Bear. I was more amazed in how well balanced and is and how dead it is on release. I wasn't intending on spending $1,200 on a bow, but it was that significant.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
It's a Mathews V3X. Still at 70lb draw weight (295 fps through the chronometer at 27" draw length), but it's so fucking smooth compared to my old Bear. I was more amazed in how well balanced and is and how dead it is on release. I wasn't intending on spending $1,200 on a bow, but it was that significant.
If it saves you 1200 in meat over the life of the bow I see zero issues

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hey rofl. Got another half marathon to run this morning and it is a glorious 41 degrees out.
FYI: 1:31:03. Finished 7th overall (out of maybe 350??) and won my old man age group. I would have been under 90 minutes if I had rested legs and actually ran this thing hard. Anyway, this was a damn good run. Miles done before and after the race put me at 20 miles for the day.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
WTF. A nail hole should just be able to get plugged.
They offered, but since the tread was getting pretty thin I just opted to replace everything, what with winter coming soon. It was just terribly inconvenient timing and a sort of unexpected expense. Im still fuming about missing the ride. It doesn't help that I'm now at home just doing a bunch of bullshit chores I don't really want to do.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Or not. 5 minutes from the house and the tire light came on. Right rear with a nail in it. :rant:
View attachment 182336

Jesus Christ am I pissed off right now
i was going 80 when my tire went pancake from the time the light came on until about a minute later thursday....

somewhere on I90...montana....

this guy has the right idea....

Screenshot_20220924-111135_Gallery.jpg

and about half the hill is cropped out because i am not allowed to load the full image no matter how many times i resize it....

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
i was going 80 when my tire went pancake from the time the light came on until about a minute later thursday....

somewhere on I90...montana....
A couple years ago, my rental's tire leaked almost all air when I was at the North Rim. The culprit was a torx bit that someone ran over in a shop. Instead of having the rental company deal with the crap (and losing lots of time), I found a guy in Kanab who fixed it for $17 IIRC...

Poops McDougal

moving to australia
May 30, 2007
Central California
They offered, but since the tread was getting pretty thin I just opted to replace everything, what with winter coming soon. It was just terribly inconvenient timing and a sort of unexpected expense. Im still fuming about missing the ride. It doesn't help that I'm now at home just doing a bunch of bullshit chores I don't really want to do.
This is what alcohol is for.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
That's pretty much what they've always cost for this stupid car no matter where we've bought them from. Top trim model came with those stupid big wheels. I'm honestly surprised it wasn't more considering how much everything else has gone up recently.

Edit: that was quote including alignment, if it needs it.
Was “trying it now” part of their quote?

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Garage sale is... going. We might make like, $50. SOOOOO glad I wasted a day for this shit.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
home. ride done. more details later, but i finished faster than i expected by a good amount. 4hrs 17 minutes of saddle time. start to finish a touch under 5 hours (including rest stops and eating). avg pace was a touch over 17mph.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
sounds about as productive as you spending a day routing out baseboards from where I sit
Oh no. Baseboards are WAY more productive. At least that can increase property value for when we sell the house in 2 decades and makes Wifey happy in the interim because it's pretty.

We made a whopping $53.75. My point has been proven that we will never do another garage sale again.

Poops McDougal

moving to australia
May 30, 2007
Central California
Hitch receiver installed. Now the really hard part: deciding which 1up rack to buy. Leaning towards the Quik Rack single with an add on or two down the road. Talk me into spending more.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Baseboards are WAY more productive. At least that can increase property value for when we sell the house in 2 decades and makes Wifey happy in the interim because it's pretty.
yes your home value will go up by $20.

my wife once said she didn't want to hang pictures on the wall so there wont be holes when we sell. i agreed with not hanging stuff, but not her reasoning.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Oh no. Baseboards are WAY more productive. At least that can increase property value for when we sell the house in 2 decades and makes Wifey happy in the interim because it's pretty.

We made a whopping $53.75. My point has been proven that we will never do another garage sale again.
Garage sales are the f'in worst. I'd rather give stuff away.

And baseboards are one of those things that you don't notice when they are well done, but can't not see when they are poorly done. For the love of God, caulk the seam at top.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado

And baseboards are one of those things that you don't notice when they are well done, but can't not see when they are poorly done. For the love of God, caulk the seam at top.
Who doesn't caulk the seam? Fucking amateurs.

I'm caulking the top, then we're going to have them painted. Our painter will fill holes from the nails, but I never fuck around with the caulk.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
home. ride done. more details later, but i finished faster than i expected by a good amount. 4hrs 17 minutes of saddle time. start to finish a touch under 5 hours (including rest stops and eating). avg pace was a touch over 17mph.
Nice job homeostasis. I thought it was tomorrow

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

There is an annual yard sale weekend in my neighborhood. I just drag all my trash out to the curb with a free sign on it. Amazing how quickly it disappears.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Who doesn't caulk the seam? Fucking amateurs.

I'm caulking the top, then we're going to have them painted. Our painter will fill holes from the nails, but I never fuck around with the caulk.
Y u no paint before installing? Makes it much easier to finish after filling/sanding.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Hitch receiver installed. Now the really hard part: deciding which 1up rack to buy. Leaning towards the Quik Rack single with an add on or two down the road. Talk me into spending more.
So far I'm quite pleased with the Equip -D Single. However moar testing is needed to confirm, of course.

Also got the wall mount storage bracket so I can easily remove it when not needed. From wall to car and loading a bike takes a whopping 3 minutes.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001

maybe a financial advice booth to go with it kinda like this next time...

Screenshot_20220924-204751_Chrome.jpg

Poops McDougal

moving to australia
May 30, 2007
Central California
Sounds like you're ready to make a major mistake, which would suck.
So far I'm quite pleased with the Equip -D Single. However moar testing is needed to confirm, of course.

Also got the wall mount storage bracket so I can easily remove it when not needed. From wall to car and loading a bike takes a whopping 3 minutes.
The vast majority of my rack use will be single bike, and primarily paved roads right up to trailheads. I don’t think I need the “heavy off road usage” of the heavy duty and I don’t need to haul 4 bikes. I’m primarily going off the specs, so maybe there’s something I’m missing that make the heavier duty models a better buy than the Quik Rack?

The Equip-D looks nice, but it’s also pretty pricey. Is there something else to the updated design that makes it worth the extra cost, despite the specs being similar to the other models?