Quantcast

***Saturderp GMT***

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
@stoney ....you might find this garage table interesting

Actually looked at something similar before. If I need a table, i use a huge piece of 1" MDF screwed into my sawhorses. They breakdown out of the way and the surface is easily replaced.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Y u no paint before installing? Makes it much easier to finish after filling/sanding.
We did last time, only to end up repainting them when we painted the walls. Since we're going to have someone do the paint anyways, I don't care.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Hypernormality
Spent yesterday putting a RideWrap on my bro’s Spesh Levo, plus some more basic prep like a proper service of all the pivot bearings. The RideWrap is cool. He got one of the full custom-for-frame ones, it’s really quite nice. Took a good few hours to do a good job putting it on. I think it was about 28 individual pieces, and so clean and basically nearly invisible compared to my handcut 3M helicopter tape job. Might upgrade at the end of the season. Or not. I’m vain but maybe not that vain. Let’s see…

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
The vast majority of my rack use will be single bike, and primarily paved roads right up to trailheads. I don’t think I need the “heavy off road usage” of the heavy duty and I don’t need to haul 4 bikes. I’m primarily going off the specs, so maybe there’s something I’m missing that make the heavier duty models a better buy than the Quik Rack?

The Equip-D looks nice, but it’s also pretty pricey. Is there something else to the updated design that makes it worth the extra cost, despite the specs being similar to the other models?
Hmm, not sure about all the differences between the two but the Equip-D seems to be easier to use with the blue handle. And it looks better for smaller vehicles and only one bike. Folds up flat and close to the bumper when not in use.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Spent yesterday putting a RideWrap on my bro’s Spesh Levo, plus some more basic prep like a proper service of all the pivot bearings. The RideWrap is cool. He got one of the full custom-for-frame ones, it’s really quite nice. Took a good few hours to do a good job putting it on. I think it was about 28 individual pieces, and so clean and basically nearly invisible compared to my handcut 3M helicopter tape job. Might upgrade at the end of the season. Or not. I’m vain but maybe not that vain. Let’s see…
My one ride wrapped bike was pro-installed, and looked like absolute shit when it was time to sell. YMMV

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
My one ride wrapped bike was pro-installed, and looked like absolute shit when it was time to sell. YMMV
Man the only spots on my bike that look like crap with ride wrap, is where the bike has tipped over leaning against the car rack and gouged it. Of course that's how it happens... :D