Quantcast

) Saturderp (

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
It was traffic hell out there today. 880 was a parking lot, all the approaches to the Bridges were jammed. It was like pre covid morning commute traffic. I couldn't figure it out until my coworker pointed out that It's Pride week and everyone was trying to get to SF for tonight's street parties. DOH

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Amazon delivered a bug zapper about 30 minutes ago, holy shit, should have bought one years ago! Sounds like fireworks on the patio, should have my bug and fly problem sorted pretty quick.

I think many people are running bars that are actually too wide for them. Even given that I grew up when really narrow bars were a thing, I see a lot of people who are not really in good control because they are spread so wide. #SensibleBarSizingCommitee
Bars were way too narrow back in the day, but you are correct, most people’s bars are too damn wide these days.

750-760 is perfect for me, seeing people 6” shorter than me on 800s just looks comical. That said, I hope they keep making bars stupid wide, let the trend followers punch all the branches so I don’t have to.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Winter is here so I decided to final start one of my project bikes that I have probably 96% of the bits for.

A2EC5990-0A73-4515-9313-1B40294651FC.jpeg

Can you guess what it is yet?

It will be an Orange 222, largely period appropriate. Not the drivetrain though!

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
Hey MR, we waved East as we drove by your place...were you around?
Had an ‘OK’ meal at the Slippery Otter...
Yup, quick trip, came down here to work on chores but been gored by work instead...

Cafe Madriz (RIP) was the last "good" restaurant in West

Your best bet is either of the taco trucks.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Well, to update a little, they actually turned out to be fine company, and any hint or whiff of politics were vigorously avoided. Turns out the old lady is a vet, her 24 y.o.son is a US gubernment contract helicopter pilot in England, and her daughter is a cop. Folks we wouldn’t normally rub shoulders with, I guess. I definitely had some pre-conceived notions.
They are doing a cross country tour where they do these huge, organized running ‘races/events’ that are all near national parks. Mostly 1/2 marathons, sometimes two a week, or at least every weekend for a few months.
Old lady made us three personal quilts, which was very nice.
And they left us a few hundred dollars, and insisted on taking us out to dinner.
So, ummm...yeah

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Well, to update a little, they actually turned out to be fine company, and any hint or whiff of politics were vigorously avoided. Turns out the old lady is a vet, her 24 y.o.son is a US gubernment contract helicopter pilot in England, and her daughter is a cop. Folks we wouldn’t normally rub shoulders with, I guess. I definitely had some pre-conceived notions.
They are doing a cross country tour where they do these huge, organized running ‘races/events’ that are all near national parks. Mostly 1/2 marathons, sometimes two a week, or at least every weekend for a few months.
And they left us a few hundred dollars, and insisted on taking us out to dinner.
So, ummm...yeah
We ran into a couple of their runners at Coulter Bay Marina. One lady was from Poland and she was blown away by the views of Mt Moran

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
So, ummm...yeah
Still Trumpers. And if they are military/former military, they should know better than to support Trump, given their oath to the Constitution. /PAWN

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I thought your dog is an asshole, too?
Or just to certain other dogs and people?
(I might have this wrong?)
iirc he is antisocial with other dogs due to his background

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I thought your dog is an asshole, too?
Or just to certain other dogs and people?
(I might have this wrong?)
My dog is super happy and energetic. His problem is with his size and strength that energy can be hard to control. He will disregard social norms and will just jump on other dogs before they can size each other up. This dog just gets aggressive when she doesn't get what she wants. Mostly towards other dogs but a little bit with me.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
32 mm Boxxer, 2006/07 maybe?
Correct! They are fun to rebuild, actually really easy but the damper side is sensitive to trapped air during assembly if it is not positioned correctly during oil and capping. If you get it wrong it results in some very interesting ‘damping’ characteristics. The damper can effectively become a positive or negative air spring depending on how you fuck it up.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Correct! They are fun to rebuild, actually really easy but the damper side is sensitive to trapped air during assembly if it is not positioned correctly during oil and capping. If you get it wrong it results in some very interesting ‘damping’ characteristics. The damper can effectively become a positive or negative air spring depending on how you fuck it up.
During that time I was on a Dorado, no first hand experiences with this generation Boxxer. A bunch of my friends had them though as one guy from our crew worked as the OE sourcing guy for a commuter bike company. More than once the shipping container full of interal geared hubs, fenders and lights from Taiwan accidentally contained 10 Boxxer forks. Oops. ;)

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
I’ve never seriously ridden one, this will be a first — If I actually even ride it lol. I think this one hasn’t actually been ridden much, but has sat around in a garage for years. It needed new sponges, they were rotten, and the top of the seals are a bit worse for wear (sitting in the sun for x years?) but internally they were still sharp and nice. Bushings too seemed good. It might be oversprung for me, but hard to tell until I ride it.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
I’ve never seriously ridden one, this will be a first — If I actually even ride it lol. I think this one hasn’t actually been ridden much, but has sat around in a garage for years. It needed new sponges, they were rotten, and the top of the seals are a bit worse for wear (sitting in the sun for x years?) but internally they were still sharp and nice. Bushings too seemed good. It might be oversprung for me, but hard to tell until I ride it.
You can also use Dorado and/or Rock Shox Psylo springs and build a progressive spring stack that way. For that you need those plastic spacers to put the springs together though.