Quantcast

>>$$$ Saturdump GMT$$$<<

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Still pissed off about my truck dying (fucking Cam Positioning sensor died again) and screwed over my fishing plans. Consolation prize is that I get to go ride my bikes all weekend. It took over three hours for AAA to get there shit together and get me a medium tow like i requested in the first place. First truck took 2.5 hours to arrive and he took one look and said wow you do need a medium tow your truck is too big for my rig, :banghead::banghead::banned:

my fitbit says I walked almost 11,000 steps around the parking lot while waiting......arrrgh had better shit to do than walk to stay warm

now why the hell am i still awake at zero dark thirty and posting this drivel?

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Yesterday was 32miles/5200ft in near 100F temps. So feeling a little fried this morning.

So what better way to recover than doing some shuttle runs from 10500ft, should be a little cooler up there.

Last edited:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Tired from a long, epic style ride with @SirChomps-a-Lot and local riding partner yesterday. DH with @Nick and @6thElement later this am. Still trying to get the Yeti ARC-X, but the seller has gone dark. I have a potential buyer for the Look already, so I just need to get the Yeti.

I rebuilt the Pike last night and apparently my Charger damper is leaking. It just needs to make it through tomorrow and back for RS it goes, hopefully as warranty. Until then, having damping will probably be pretty cool.

Last edited:

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Kids are playing in the yard before it gets too hot. I like this new iPad I have. Snappy. No ride today, but riding Sunday and Monday alike.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Took the Evil out last night for a street ride to have a beer. That bike makes me feel like a stupid kid, so much fun.

Second guessing shuttle runs today, as my ribs are still on the rare side. I'll take it easy.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Back from Dallas, one hell of a week but worth it overall. Got in at midnight and still feel stupid tired. My only plan today is to put some air in my tires and ride some easy trails. Maybe a nap later.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Two years of work....... No promotion. Class this week was good, but pretty pissed and angry about the amount of work I put into this promotion. Ended up beat out by someone who has just over a year on.

On a good note, it did land me a position as a state instructor at the academy. Also found out I am considered to be one of the three top three Officers in the staff and that our new annual evaluation forms were using me as a standard. So got that going.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
Two years of work....... No promotion. Class this week was good, but pretty pissed and angry about the amount of work I put into this promotion. Ended up beat out by someone who has just over a year on.

On a good note, it did land me a position as a state instructor at the academy. Also found out I am considered to be one of the three top three Officers in the staff and that our new annual evaluation forms were using me as a standard. So got that going.
That's a mixed bag of news. I have my own promotion process to wade through this upcoming year, so I empathize.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande

This week I did a High Performer / High Potential class where we were given attributes to determine a candidates chances of future success. High performers are not always viewed as promotion material and High potentials, while high performers, are not always the highest performers. Ask HR what what you need to focus on in order to advance. Sometimes it's as simple as communication style or emotional control... other times it's because your boss is dick.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
This week I did a High Performer / High Potential class where we were given attributes to determine a candidates chances of future success. High performers are not always viewed as promotion material and High potentials, while high performers, are not always the highest performers. Ask HR what what you need to focus on in order to advance. Sometimes it's as simple as communication style or emotional control... other times it's because your boss is dick.
Or perhaps because HR knows fuck-all about anything.

:D

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Back from riding the Giggle Pig down by the river, I kept it at maximum squish to make sure I got a good workout, I should be sleeping well tonight. Stopped by U-Haul on the way back home to have a hitch mounted on the new wagon, none were in stock so I had to order. While there I noted an amazing amount of bike racks available for sale, I did not know they did bike racks.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
15 miles of downhilling for 8250ft of descending, 60ft of climbing. Much fun had with @stoney and @Nick on shuttle runs today.

5 minutes after stoney dropped me off a bear wandered across our driveway...coincidence??

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
2nd plane out of two with an inoperative APU, therefore boarding delays and awful air onboard. Dafuq airline industry, you don't maintain the planes anymore? :disgust1:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Cooked at my friends kids birthday celebration. Everyone was polite and kind. Good kid. Even the dogs were well behaved. I brought home a tonne of food and beer. It was fun.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Fun day on the trails today. It's always interesting riding the DH bike for the first time each season. The Turner was feeling MINT after a few learning runs.

Definitely need to find a heavier spring for the fork.

Also got your spring @Nick. Thanks man. Beer is on me next time.

Last edited:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
15 miles of downhilling for 8250ft of descending, 60ft of climbing. Much fun had with @stoney and @Nick on shuttle runs today.
5 minutes after stoney dropped me off a bear wandered across our driveway...coincidence??
I'm putting a massive thanks to @Nick for driving us for 2 runs after his elbow said no and @6thElement for being smart enough to carry a tube on DH day. My tire blew a bead AGAIN, at mid-30's psi.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
I hauled the kids out to Denver Biscuit Company in the trailer. 33 minutes out, 33 minutes back for a segment just over 4 miles. They're skinny kids but their mass is still decidedly non-negligible when the trail turns uphill.

I'm planning on doing the same (but a different restaurant) with kids in trailer + wife on her own bike tomorrow night. She may not enjoy the ride back... hmm.