Quantcast

##saturfuckingday##

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Gateway Green is supposed to reopen next month. I look forward to riding my bike in the dirt.

I was reading about these cool sensors that screw into the end of your golf club. They pair to your phone and use GPS to track where you are, the club used and how far it went. It was $180, so I said nope. Then I haggled with a dude on eBay and got 'em for $35. I've only been out once, but it's pretty bad ass.

Screenshot_20201024-175232.png

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
Know what you do when you're not feelin' so great? and winter arrives tomorrow ??

You SIU and ride your friggin bike.
View attachment 151342

Edit: Apex loop, for local monkeys
Ugghh. You Coloradofuckers. I miss Golden. Used to love being able to ride Apex, Chimney Gulch, Matt Winters, White Ranch, etc...all from the house. Oregon doesn't suck, but Golden was about perfect...for biking.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Ugghh. You Coloradofuckers. I miss Golden. Used to love being able to ride Apex, Chimney Gulch, Matt Winters, White Ranch, etc...all from the house. Oregon doesn't suck, but Golden was about perfect...for biking.
It really is a great spot from riding perspective. Im about 1,000m from the bottom of Chimney, and can ride so much from home, it's awesome. When did you live here, and where in Oregon are you now?

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
I did my MS & PhD at Mines from 1995 til 2000 - back when there was an amusement park at the bottom of Apex and Candy was the bartender at Ace. Definitely spent more time on bikes and boards than at school.

In Oregon wine country now not doing anything related to my time at Mines...except riding bikes...

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I did my MS & PhD at Mines from 1995 til 2000 - back when there was an amusement park at the bottom of Apex and Candy was the bartender at Ace. Definitely spent more time on bikes and boards than at school.

In Oregon wine country now not doing anything related to my time at Mines...except riding bikes...
Sorry to break it to you, the amusement park folded and the rides got sold off last year.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
rather dull day for this EMT. Translation I made $220 for doing absolutely nothing, hopefully the same goes for tomorrow. Highlight of the day, watching a PG&E contractor use a drone to inspect the nearby high tension tower. One guy flys the drone the other guy controls the high resolution camera
2020_1024_12555700.jpg
2020_1024_12552200_2.jpg
2020_1024_12543800_2.jpg
2020_1024_12531800.jpg
2020_1024_12351800.jpg

Dirtrider

noah
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
Gateway Green is supposed to reopen next month. I look forward to riding my bike in the dirt.

I was reading about these cool sensors that screw into the end of your golf club. They pair to your phone and use GPS to track where you are, the club used and how far it went. It was $180, so I said nope. Then I haggled with a dude on eBay and got 'em for $35. I've only been out once, but it's pretty bad ass.

View attachment 151348
It’s like Strava for golf.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA

View attachment 151348
My Fenix 5X has this built into it, and was a big reason why I was able to justify the cost of buying it to myself. Very cool, despite being how terrible a golf I am.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
My Fenix 5X has this built into it, and was a big reason why I was able to justify the cost of buying it to myself. Very cool, despite being how terrible a golf I am.
I usually don't keep track of my shots, but the wife commented the last time we played that I shot 3 under for 9. My clubs were crazy old (and y'all thought I only ride old ass bikes), so I spent just under $100 and got a 3 and 4 hybrid, all new woods, an A wedge and and replaced my sand wedge and picked up a lob wedge.

What's funny is some slightly older golf stuff is hella cheap, especially in left handed. Kind of like 26" bike parts. :rofl:

I bought my irons in '97, so they aren't as old as my stuff from the 80's, but if I am still progressing, I will get a set of forged irons from this millennia.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I usually don't keep track of my shots, but the wife commented the last time we played that I shot 3 under for 9. My clubs were crazy old (and y'all thought I only ride old ass bikes), so I spent just under $100 and got a 3 and 4 hybrid, all new woods, an A wedge and and replaced my sand wedge and picked up a lob wedge.

What's funny is some slightly older golf stuff is hella cheap, especially in left handed. Kind of like 26" bike parts. :rofl:

I bought my irons in '97, so they aren't as old as my stuff from the 80's, but if I am still progressing, I will get a set of forged irons from this millennia.
I replaced my clubs last year that I'd had since about 1994, Lynx Parallax irons and Big Bertha Warbird driver. As long as you're not after the absolute latest model ebay was seriously cheap for brand new. Then I only managed to play once this year while on a work trip and used rentals...

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I replaced my clubs last year that I'd had since about 1994, Lynx Parallax irons and Big Bertha Warbird driver. As long as you're not after the absolute latest model ebay was seriously cheap for brand new. Then I only managed to play once this year while on a work trip and used rentals...
4h = $8.50 Nike CPR
3h = $10 Nike VR pro
5W = $12 Nike Sumo
3W = $15 Nike Sumo
Driver =$28 Nike Sumo
55w = $5 Nike SV
60w =$10 Nike SV
AW = $8 Nike Sumo

I was originally looking at the Sumo irons, but I am really sold on the Nike VR Pro Combos with blade short, split cavity mids and cavity longs I think would be perfect. There's a set for $250, but I think if I wait until Winter I can do better.

I really liked the Nike Sumo stuff when it was new, but the driver was like $350. Nope, not for this cheap bastard. $28? Done!