Quantcast

Sausage

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
We are lucky in my area because we have many good local sausage makers. Wardynskis in Buffalo has the finest Polish sausage anywhere fresh or smoked. Hartmanns and Ralfs in Rochester make some fine german and hungarian style sausages. Zweigles in Rochester makes the best white hots (veal and pork hotdog) IMO. Then in Syracuse you have the fresh sausage power house of Gianellis. They make IMO the best sweet Italian sausage anywhere. The garlic and cheese is pretty amazing too. They also make a traditional Bratwurst that rivals anything from Wisconsin. All these are available in most grocery stores here. Plus independent meat markets here are awesome and make some incredible small batch and family recipe sausages. Western NY in the harvest season is an awesome place!

Bushwhacker

Turbo Monkey
Dec 4, 2003
Tar Effing River!! NC
Sounds like a big ole sausage fest in the 716 and 585. As much as I miss things like Sahlens, good Italian bread and the like. I traded my yankee card back in for the raw materials....Barbeque!!!!! And year round riding...and no snow...and no rusty cars.

I do have care packages sent occassionaly and anyone who is coming down to see me knows to bring hotdogs and Lefrois sauce.

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
We are lucky in my area because we have many good local sausage makers. Wardynskis in Buffalo has the finest Polish sausage anywhere fresh or smoked. Hartmanns and Ralfs in Rochester make some fine german and hungarian style sausages. Zweigles in Rochester makes the best white hots (veal and pork hotdog) IMO. Then in Syracuse you have the fresh sausage power house of Gianellis. They make IMO the best sweet Italian sausage anywhere. The garlic and cheese is pretty amazing too. They also make a traditional Bratwurst that rivals anything from Wisconsin. All these are available in most grocery stores here. Plus independent meat markets here are awesome and make some incredible small batch and family recipe sausages. Western NY in the harvest season is an awesome place!
Don't forget about Hoffman's German franks and white snappy's.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Better even than in Poland? :think:
I have never been there so I can't say. But I have been to Germany and the sausages there were much better then the ours. Prolly the same thing in Poland I would guess. Hey you never know. Maybe Kielbasa in Poland is like Pizza in Italy.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
I have never been there so I can't say. But I have been to Germany and the sausages there were much better then the ours. Prolly the same thing in Poland I would guess. Hey you never know. Maybe Kielbasa in Poland is like Pizza in Italy.
the pizza in italy is great. at least the ones i had in rome were.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Need to compare and compete with Louisana Andouie sausage, green onion sausage and Nutra sausage! AhhEeee! Cher, dat's good enough to make you slap yo mamma.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Homemade chicken and shrimp sausage. They were made with chopped cabbage, green onion, some kind of mushroom, and ginger in them. Very tasty. Never had anything like them...

Qman

Monkey
Feb 7, 2005
Just returned from Oktoberfest in Munchen and while the beer at HB was amazing, the Weisswurst was excellent as well. The kraut was served/cooked with little bits of ham.

Qman

Monkey
Feb 7, 2005
God I love good German Weisswurst. :drool:
Yes, I can't say I've ever had anything similar here in the states. Grilled was definitely better than boiled though.
Served by a dirndl clad madchens wasn't a bad thing either.