Quantcast

Sauser's thoughts on Mierhaeghe's doping

Mike B.

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2001
State College, PA
Christop Sauser took over the #1 World Cup spot after Filip retired and had the following to say on his website and sponsor email.

Interesting little read:

Linky

The two faces of Filip “Popeye“ Meirhaeghe

On one hand he has always been very friendly and polite to me, but on the other hand there was this question mark about his drug life.
Since yesterday it is clear and every suspicion was confirmed that Popeye’s spinach was not always organic fuel!

He is out! Out, because he cheated us riders, his girlfriend, family and fans! I feel very sorry for them, but definitely not for him.
You don’t know how many times I have sufferd behind his back wheel, and I always suppressed my thoughts that his fuel could be something else.
He was always an impressive rider who definitely had lots of talent. I still remember at the world cup final in Kaprun last year how he could ride up the super steep muddy slopes and we all had to run after him. Talent or drugs? Probably both.

At the press conference yesterday he said: “I am only human” Is this an excuse that humans can do whatever we want? That it’s acceptable to cheat? I am human too, but my racing brain is still thinking about my own health now and in the future, healthy performance and the spirit of sport and fair play!

There is always a life after sport and who cares about your results 10 years later! Are you still excited about it when your’re unhealthy?
I always compare this with tuning a small motorbike. It probaby “rocks like hell” for the first 4 months, but the bearings, valves etc. are not built for that speed and inevitably pretty soon it is a wreck!

So does Gunn Rita come clean now or she just dominant like Lance?

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
Sauser must be glad cause believe for like almost the last year he has been coming second to Filip now he knows he really was the best and the only one beating him was cheating.

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
I think Gunn Rita is a man she rides like she's in the pro men feild and usaully is sooooo far ahead it's rediculuse. I figure she's either a he/she or extremel doped.

Jorgen

Monkey
Oct 3, 2003
Oslo, Norway
Well, Gunn Rita has been tested 19 times so far this season...no drugs.
She is just dominant. If you check her progress back she has tried, and failed her training, earlier, and so learned a whole lot.

Yes, I am from Norway, and I have seen her race for a few years...she is one of a kind, as is Lance :-)

I am still surprised of Filip's drug test...but I guess tests do work, luckily.

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
Jorgen said:
Well, Gunn Rita has been tested 19 times so far this season...no drugs.
She is just dominant. If you check her progress back she has tried, and failed her training, earlier, and so learned a whole lot.

Yes, I am from Norway, and I have seen her race for a few years...she is one of a kind, as is Lance :-)

I am still surprised of Filip's drug test...but I guess tests do work, luckily.

I've only seen her at world cups in Canada but one day I will got o Norway. I figure I should since half my familly is Norweigen and I have alot of distant familly over there.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
I'm quite sure he did use it before. The whole 1997 thing...theres lots of good dirt on this in the XC forum ;)

Lefty

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Megan calls me a babe.
Mike B. said:
Christop Sauser took over the #1 World Cup spot after Filip retired and had the following to say on his website and sponsor email.

Interesting little read:

Linky

The two faces of Filip “Popeye“ Meirhaeghe

On one hand he has always been very friendly and polite to me, but on the other hand there was this question mark about his drug life.
Since yesterday it is clear and every suspicion was confirmed that Popeye’s spinach was not always organic fuel!

He is out! Out, because he cheated us riders, his girlfriend, family and fans! I feel very sorry for them, but definitely not for him.
You don’t know how many times I have sufferd behind his back wheel, and I always suppressed my thoughts that his fuel could be something else.
He was always an impressive rider who definitely had lots of talent. I still remember at the world cup final in Kaprun last year how he could ride up the super steep muddy slopes and we all had to run after him. Talent or drugs? Probably both.

At the press conference yesterday he said: “I am only human” Is this an excuse that humans can do whatever we want? That it’s acceptable to cheat? I am human too, but my racing brain is still thinking about my own health now and in the future, healthy performance and the spirit of sport and fair play!

There is always a life after sport and who cares about your results 10 years later! Are you still excited about it when your’re unhealthy?
I always compare this with tuning a small motorbike. It probaby “rocks like hell” for the first 4 months, but the bearings, valves etc. are not built for that speed and inevitably pretty soon it is a wreck!

So does Gunn Rita come clean now or she just dominant like Lance?

Amen...