Quantcast

Save Conan!

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
howard stern was supposed to have been the last guest but he didn't want to fly out.....that would have been funny.....he hates jay leno as much as i hate bono.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
The only thing that sucks about this is that it sounds like he pretty much can't appear on tv at all for a year. Not hosting or as a guest.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Yeha, 32 mil to fail and go away...I would do it.
yep, $32mil to suck and get fired. great deal. Conan killed it and still got $32mil to get fired.

The only thing that sucks about this is that it sounds like he pretty much can't appear on tv at all for a year. Not hosting or as a guest.
a non-compete clause would have to be part of the deal. i dont think it said he cant do Conan the Bangbarian though

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
last night's episode was great too. i didnt know he wrote for SNL and that Lorne Michaels picked him to host the Late Night show.

he had the most expensive skit last night. he said he could do whatever he wants b/c NBC will still pay for it. he said it cost $1.5mil and involved a Veryon dressed as a mouse with the Rolling Stones Satisfaction playing int he background. (the rights to play the song in the internet was expensive too he said)

Last edited:

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
im sure something is/has been in the works. if he was good enough for the Tonight show and the Late Night show, he'll end up somewhere

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
btw, I don't watch late night tv, but has Conan mentioned the word Haiti at all this week?

Because if he hasn't but he's whined the last two weeks about losing his 8 figure job with a $40 million payoff, then he can STFU.