Quantcast

Save the Date: 4/29 Pittstown SF Trail Day

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Hello all,

Please save the date of Saturday 4/29/06 at 9:00 am for a "Full Blown" day of trail maintenance and development at the Pittstown State Forest. I am just awaiting confirmation from the Forester which I should be getting shortly.

The tasks at hand:
1. raking out trail.
2. taking out blowdown (sawing, moving or re-routing small parts of the trail).
3. designing a few new lines here and there.
4. armoring any wet spots (a few small places).
5. Re-designing and re-building the connector trail the joins Bonnie and Clyde to the Zig Zag trail (the uber-rocky climb that no one can do, with the exception of Terry Blanchet and Sam Armao ! HA!. I would like to make this a more arching switchback to make the climb through all that damn granite!
6. other plans TBA.
------------
What to Bring:
1. metal rakes.
2. loppers.
3. Gloves.
4. Eye protection.
5. Hand saws.
6. Bug juice.
7. Your bike to ride afterward!
8. shovel.
9. lunch and water.
10. a FWD truck to transport people up the fire lane, as part of the road has washed out.

I will have a limited amount of tools including a few Pulaski's, McLeods, and rakes. I will also be providing tasty bagels before the work and tasty (but cheap!) beverages afterward.

--------------
Directions from Troy:
1. Take 2 East to Clums Corners (Routes 2 and 278 juncture).
2. At the light, take a left (by the Stewarts) and an immediate right onto Tamarac Rd.
3. Follow Tamarac past Herrington Farms, Old Siek Rd, past trailers.
4. Pass Victor Pl. on your right.
5. Take your next right onto Keefe Rd (dirt road).
6. Follow Road for a while, going under power lines.
7. At juncture (by Harbinger Way), keep right.
8. Keep following road, you should see a sign that says Pittstown State Forest, pass Koisk on your left.
9. Go up a rise and park in the 1st lot on your left!

Jim MacNaughton
Pittstown SF Trail Steward

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Yo all, it's on for tomorrow! We'll work from 9 to 12, break for lunch then work until 2. Bring your bikes as we'll bang out a quick ride at that time! - Jim