Quantcast

Saw AFI last weekend

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
They played at a small venue on the north bay called the phoenix where they got there start years and years ago. The place is very small for them and they only played old stuff. Seriously the most fun I've had at a show in a long time. This band ceremony played before them and I haven't seen people go that nuts for them since the fixter kids found them (think chairs flying across the room) All and all an epic night.

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
We're all waiting for the part where you do something phenomenally stupid....we just know it's coming.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
There's something awesome about small venues. One of the First times I saw Against Me was in a venue with a capacity of 100, but there was probably 175 people in there (mid summer with a bunch of anarcho punx. very smelly lol). If there was a fire, it would've been a deathtrap. The PA system cut out halfway through their set from overheating but that didn't matter b/c everyone was singing along. This was way back when they were touring to support Reinventing Axl Rose. Good times.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
There's something awesome about small venues. One of the First times I saw Against Me was in a venue with a capacity of 100, but there was probably 175 people in there (mid summer with a bunch of anarcho punx. very smelly lol). If there was a fire, it would've been a deathtrap. The PA system cut out halfway through their set from overheating but that didn't matter b/c everyone was singing along. This was way back when they were touring to support Reinventing Axl Rose. Good times.
Here Here... I used to bounce years ago for the local bar that did small venue stuff every weekend.....Always a good time. I think the biggest crowd was 1300 for RJD, other than that, it was never too bad working it.