Quantcast

saw it here first

p-spec

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2004
quebec
The set in picture are Martyn ashtons for testing on his trials bike.

hope makes their products IN HOUSE

offtheedge

Monkey
Aug 26, 2005
LB
Who cares? They also make them overpriced due to labour costs in the UK.
I care, as I assume many people who understand sustainable economics do.
But you're probably right - how dare they try to make a profit and pay a competitive wage.

Last edited:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
But you're probably right - how dare they try to make a profit and pay a competitive wage.
Yeah they should just farm out the labor to some small factory in Taiwan or better yet china, and make pedals that compete with specialized's market control or ht's volume. There's absolutely no market for small maker, high end pedals like twenty6 burgtec or straitline. If only everything were made in Taiwan, then we could all follow evil's example and do things right.

PUSHIND

PUSH Industries (Duh)
Dec 5, 2003
Colorado
Who cares? They also make them overpriced due to labour costs in the UK.
Speaking from experience......

The tool room mill and lathe operator(s), who uses the product and understand the design intent
The CNC toolpath programmers, who use the product and understand the design intent
The CNC operator(s), who uses the product and understand the design intent
The Assembly people, who use the product and understand the design intent
The shipping people, who use the product and understand the design intent

These are individuals that all care...and do cost a company more money than sending the operations to a mass manufacturing outfit. But, those people care a lot about that end product no matter how basic it is and at the end of the day my opinion is that that does in fact matter.

There's lots of people who are really good with Photoshop....I tend to think that I get around in it pretty well. So, imagine you have some raw images that are from an event. Would you want some Photoshop expert who doesn't know what an MTB is editing those images based off a detailed pdf of each image that you created? Based off of your pdf he has the data to do the work. Or, would you rather do the edit yourself or have a person, or group of people, that work with you day in and day out and really understand what you're looking for do it?

My $0.02

Darren

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
I guess we are to assume he isn't some selfish sucker buying overpriced Asian made goods, that would be even worse.

Nokia makes their high-end smartphones responsibly in Finland and Hungary at competitive pricing to Apple's Chinese slave made model with a piss poor environmental record.