Quantcast

saw my first american football game tonight..

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
It can be alot to take in and seem like a boring/clusterfvck, but you have to look at it like full contact chess. Lots of strategy.

Austin Bike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
Duh, Austin
Saw the Frankfurt Galaxy victory celebration back in '95 or so. Popped out of the train station on one of the main squares and there were thousands of people all cheering.

Man, a couple thousand people all cheering in German will send a chill up your spine.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
BurlyShirley said:
It can be alot to take in and seem like a boring/clusterfvck, but you have to look at it like full contact chess. Lots of strategy.
That's cause it IS a boring cluster****.

Actually I found football to be alot more fun whenI was able to play it. But being only 5'6" I never made it past high school ball. Watching it isn't as much fun for me.

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
partsbara said:
but some of the cheerleaders woukld be worth a cheap fvck..
No mate, dont bother even thinkin about it. I had one from the Amsterdam Admirals for a while and she sucked just as bad as the game itself. She actually tricked me into coming to a game once saying that it was really cool.
What a ripoff :nopity:

Oh and btw, I understand the rulez but its just to damn boring having to wait for an hour for every 20seconds they actually play.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
Ciaran said:
That's cause it IS a boring cluster****.

Actually I found football to be alot more fun whenI was able to play it. But being only 5'6" I never made it past high school ball. Watching it isn't as much fun for me.
You played highschool football? no.

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
Kevin said:
No mate, dont bother even thinkin about it. I had one from the Amsterdam Admirals for a while and she sucked just as bad as the game itself. She actually tricked me into coming to a game once saying that it was really cool.
What a ripoff :nopity:

Oh and btw, I understand the rulez but its just to damn boring having to wait for an hour for every 20seconds they actually play.

good post mate... i agree with ya 1000 %....

american football is all glitz and glamour crap... i think your estimation for time 'playing' VS time talking / planning and w@nking is pretty spot on...

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
partsbara said:
good post mate... i agree with ya 1000 %....

american football is all glitz and glamour crap... i think your estimation for time 'playing' VS time talking / planning and w@nking is pretty spot on...
I suppose I can understand that point of view. Alot of american football fans probably really do like the "glitz and glamour" side of it, but I dont think that would explain the popularity of highschool and college football. Not alot of glitz there. I would say that most football fans just genuinely like the sport for its action/hits/strategy more than anything. That said, there are different kinds of football fans too. Most people understand the rules, but couldnt tell you the difference between a 'Cover 2' and '46' defense, and thats fine, but for me, the strategy is what makes the game. I hate all the thuggery and hip-hop endzone celebrations, but I guess that's just part of it now.