Quantcast

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
Are you guys going to make fun of me for seeing tiger army too?
No because Tiger Army is nowhere near "pop punk" either (and they're actually good).

I realize that AFI's new stuff isn't very pleasing to people who like real music but I will forever buy what they put out in hopes that it will be another "Art of Drowning."

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Bball and punk don't work, but Bball and hardcore works just fine
but we arent talking about hardcore...nor do i see a relation to hardcore and basketball

Are you guys going to make fun of me for seeing tiger army too?
i thought tiger army were okay until i saw them open for Rancid...i think the mics for everyone but the slap bassists were broken because the bass tunes were played out.

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
but we arent talking about hardcore...nor do i see a relation to hardcore and basketball
Pop punk is the suck...they cant touch the old days.
Rule #1. If the band merchandises anything other than t-shirts, they automatically suck
Rule #2. If said crap is sold at any mall store, they automatically suck x10.
He said band merch, nothing was said about merch specifically from punk bands

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
your opinions and comments about music should be deleted from every forum known to man
Why, cause I like NFG and Tiger Army? I listen to a bit of more popular stuff, like NFG and AFI, but that is a very small part of what I listen to. What is wrong with like something that is catchy and fun?

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
david berman had it right.

"punk rock died when the first kid said 'punk's not dead'"
Punk is dead, it's dead as hell. Pop punk isn't punk, and punk as a form of music still exists. Punk is dead in the sense of being a street hooligan that got drunk and played music while living in a squat.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Punk is dead, it's dead as hell. Pop punk isn't punk, and punk as a form of music still exists. Punk is dead in the sense of being a street hooligan that got drunk and played music while living in a squat.
my brain continues to hurt listening to you help us relive what punk is, but i continue to read...i think its like looking at road kill on the side of the road, you dont want to look, but you do.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
"you can't possibly find NFG to be a decent band of even marginal quality. They suck. Why? Because I say so, and I totally know more than you do about music. I am Music."

4 pages, seriously? Man. Slow day.

worship_mud

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2006
Why, cause I like NFG and Tiger Army? I listen to a bit of more popular stuff, like NFG and AFI, but that is a very small part of what I listen to. What is wrong with like something that is catchy and fun?
Descendents and All are catchy and fun! NFG and AFI might be catchy but definetly NOT fun.

Haitiracers

Chimp
May 9, 2005
Reading, PA
This album, in my opinion, was awesome. After that NFG has done nothing but blow.

I went to see them one time in Scranton, PA playing with Less than Jake (before they began to suck), and the Impossibles. It was probably '99 or 2000 and they all rocked at that time. It was one of the most fun shows I have ever been to. I would still go see The Impossibles, but I would need to be paid to see the other two.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
i'd likely be accused of either being embarrassed or of having extremely bad taste if i've heard 25% of the music you listen to (based on mentions of NFG, AFI, etc).

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
i'd likely be accused of either being embarrassed or of having extremely bad taste if i've heard 25% of the music you listen to (based on mentions of NFG, AFI, etc).
NFG and AFI is pretty much all I listen to in that genre, for the most part I listen to hardcore and hip hop/ gangster rap. I also listen to a fair bit of ska and classic rock

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
hahaha

for the most part I listen to hardcore and hip hop/ gangster rap. I also listen to a fair bit of ska and classic rock
i bet you heart tupac and biggie huh? or how about ll cool j?
ska huh? real big fish in your cd player now? or how about the aqua bats?

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
hahaha

i bet you heart tupac and biggie huh? or how about ll cool j?
ska huh? real big fish in your cd player now? or how about the aqua bats?
Tupac is great, I'm not so into biggie, Mostly for rap I listen to, Andre Nickatina, Equipto, Brotha lynch, and alot of hip hop

Thats a bold claim for someone 19 years old to make...
If you listen to hardcore you have probably heard alot of what I listen to