Quantcast

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
They played for like an hour and a half, and did a great set. They even did a Gorilla Biscuits cover. One of the opening bands did an earth crises cover too. I must say I kind of forget how incredible pop punk is some times.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Wow...New Found Glory is still around? And you paid to see them? I figured they'd disappear as soon as their label-manufactured status dropped off the radar...

Awful band.

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
Wow...New Found Glory is still around? And you paid to see them? I figured they'd disappear as soon as their label-manufactured status dropped off the radar...

Awful band.
Good thing there not label-manufactured, they just did a split on bridge nine. They left their big label cause it was to turning into being about the money. They are actually a bunch of hardcore kids, one of the members is in with Agnostic Front and Madball, and one of the other guys is in with a big group of strait edge guys.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
They played for like an hour and a half, and did a great set. They even did a Gorilla Biscuits cover. One of the opening bands did an earth crises cover too. I must say I kind of forget how incredible pop punk is some times.
im sorry for the that time lost in your life....and if members of new found glory are in a hardcore bands, i have just now given up on hardcore.

Windowlicker

Monkey
Dec 27, 2007
Santa Cruz
I think a couple of my friends went. I remember them from a long time ago. Is the fat bassist still in the band? That's the only thing I remember about them.

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
but why would you brag about going to see them?? its like "hey, i just saw Avril Lavine open for Prince....shes so punk!"
New found glory is super sweet, bottom line. I never tried to say that there "punk" there a pop punk band and there music is sweet. I wasn't trying to say there music is hard, all I'm saying is the guys in the band are legit and there not a band made by a record label.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
New found glory is super sweet, bottom line. I never tried to say that there "punk" there a pop punk band and there music is sweet. I wasn't trying to say there music is hard, all I'm saying is the guys in the band are legit and there not a band made by a record label.
that whole statement has left me utterly speechless..

" I never tried to say that there "punk" there a pop punk band and there music is sweet."

you just did

so what other bands are super sweet?

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
that whole statement has left me utterly speechless..

" I never tried to say that there "punk" there a pop punk band and there music is sweet."

you just did

so what other bands are super sweet?
Pop punk and punk are VERY diferent.

As far as more pop punk AFI is freaken super sweet.

Bands I usualy listen to though are more like, ceremony, life long tragedy, H2O, Madball, and champion.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
pop punk if the biggest joke since avril lavine called herself punk and mtv started playing bands like nfg, or afi to death.
please stop trying to justify how cool new fail glory is.

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
Pop punk and punk are VERY diferent.

As far as more pop punk AFI is freaken super sweet.

Bands I usualy listen to though are more like, ceremony, life long tragedy, H2O, Madball, and champion.
Holy sh1t did you just put AFI in the same thread as New Found Glory?!??! I know that AFI has recently taken a more "poppy" sound but damn man they're nowhere near the same category.

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
Holy sh1t did you just put AFI in the same thread as New Found Glory?!??! I know that AFI has recently taken a more "poppy" sound but damn man they're nowhere near the same category.
AFI is still a pop punk band. They have there roots as a punk band, and aren't as "whiny" as new found glory but I would still call them both pop punk bands.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
AFI is still a pop punk band. They have there roots as a punk band, and aren't as "whiny" as new found glory but I would still call them both pop punk bands.
afi went from being "punk" to emo, not pop punk.

when i hear pop punk i think more along the lines of mxpx, nfg is just teh suck.

Sghost

Turbo Monkey
Jul 13, 2008
NY
Basing an argument around aviril lavine and whether a band is normal punk or pop punk is pretty lame.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I am going to beat you up, not for your music tastes, but because you deserve it.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Pop punk is the suck...they cant touch the old days.
Rule #1. If the band merchandises anything other than t-shirts, they automatically suck
Rule #2. If said crap is sold at any mall store, they automatically suck x10.

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
I am going to beat you up, not for your music tastes, but because you deserve it.
You're the one that didn't dance for ceremony, thats like going to northstar and not riding

Pop punk is the suck...they cant touch the old days.
Rule #1. If the band merchandises anything other than t-shirts, they automatically suck
Rule #2. If said crap is sold at any mall store, they automatically suck x10.
Sweatshirts, basket ball shorts, basket ball jerseys, hats, and belts are all ok too

AlmostHeaven

Turbo Monkey
Jun 8, 2005
VIRGINIA
good lord please use a fvcking dictrionary. it's "THEIR"

your grammar skills, music taste, and life skills all blow huuuuge nuts.

trebor

Chimp
Aug 23, 2008
good lord please use a fvcking dictrionary. it's "THEIR"

your grammar skills, music taste, and life skills all blow huuuuge nuts.
actually... you're only half right.

in the first case it should be "they're"

I just had to :cheers:

Tiger army is pretty bad too... they are like 40 years old

and for the person talking about AFI "not being punk" maybe not their new stuff, but their old stuff is most definitely punk. Go listen to cds other than their 3 newest cds...

Last edited:

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
and for the person talking about AFI "not being punk" maybe not their new stuff, but their old stuff is most definitely punk. Go listen to cds other than their 3 newest cds...
old afi was definitely punk, but their new sound is not something i would ever associate with punk.

old

new