Quantcast

Saw this, thought you guys might like it. Krispy Kreme Bacon Cheeseburger

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Good god, my heart hurts looking at this.
And my mouth pines for it.

Huh, its a lot like lusting for girl scouts in that way...

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
I was really trying NOT to look at this thread, but I hit it on accident....... Mike, you owe me a laptop cleaning, I just puked on the screen.

That doesnt even look appetizing, kinda sad someone is glutonus<sp> enough to think that up

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Apparently it's called the "Luther Burger"

Per Wikipedia

Origins

According to legend, the burger was named for, and a favourite (and possibly invention) of Luther Vandross.

Marketed products

Mulligan's, a suburban bar in Decatur, Georgia, serves the Luther Burger in addition to their "hamdog", a hotdog which is wrapped in a beef patty and deep-fried.

In 2006, the Gateway Grizzlies baseball team of Sauget, Illinois began selling a donut-based burger under the name "Baseball's Best Burger". The sandwich has a hamburger patty topped with sharp cheddar cheese and two slices of bacon with a sliced Krispy Kreme Original Glazed doughnut as the bun.

Permeance of popular culture

On January 22, 2006, the Luther Burger was featured on the Adult Swim show The Boondocks as the trademark food of Granddad's soul food restaurant "The Itis". According to Granddad, the sandwich calls for a full pound of ground beef, cheese, grilled onion, five strips of bacon, and two Krispy Kreme donuts in place of the buns. In the show, the burger itself is shown to have an addictive effect on whomever eats it, and due to its fattening nature the eater often ends up falling asleep after finishing.[3]

On March 14, 2008, the online comic Real Life referred to the Luther Burger in addition to the hamdog, as "the greatest epicurean achievement in the history of man".

There is a video of people eating the same type of burger

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
What was the thing Nate Newton used to eat after getting all stoned? Add a fried egg and some gravy...

The worst thing is that someone ACTUALLY consumes those. Prolly with a side of fries and gravy.

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
According to legend, the burger was named for, and a favourite (and possibly invention) of Luther Vandross.
wait... I thought you had to be strung out on prescription drugs like Elvis to come up with culinary nightmares like this... Luther Vandross???... REALLY?...

Mulligan's, a suburban bar in Decatur, Georgia, serves the Luther Burger in addition to their "hamdog", a hotdog which is wrapped in a beef patty and deep-fried.
... why would anyone do this?... so... can I get a deep-fried salad with that?

In 2006, the Gateway Grizzlies baseball team of Sauget, Illinois began selling a donut-based burger under the name "Baseball's Best Burger". The sandwich has a hamburger patty topped with sharp cheddar cheese and two slices of bacon with a sliced Krispy Kreme Original Glazed doughnut as the bun.
...I think they're aiming low here...

So basically the "Luther Burger" is pure evil and Luther Vandross is Satan's instrument of death...

Now I get it.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
I would honestly like to give one of those a try.

If you think about it, there are probably plenty of people out there who, every day, eat a donut or two for breakfast and a fast food burger for lunch, with fries and a coke no doubt.

These days, my diet is actually pretty decent, so when something like this comes along, I feel no shame in giving it a try. I may make some myself and bring to a party for friends.

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
:biggrin:

I too, will admit that I've hypothesized about it... but then when I attempt to re-construct the kinds of flavors I'd have in my mouth... it's weird... it just gets weird man... not to mention the cornonary gang-rape that awaits you... I dunno... I just don't know...

Last edited:

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
I would honestly like to give one of those a try.

If you think about it, there are probably plenty of people out there who, every day, eat a donut or two for breakfast and a fast food burger for lunch, with fries and a coke no doubt.

These days, my diet is actually pretty decent, so when something like this comes along, I feel no shame in giving it a try. I may make some myself and bring to a party for friends.
:biggrin:

I too, will admit that I've hypothesized about it... but then when I attempt to re-construct the kinds of flavors I'd have in my mouth... it's weird... it just gets weird man... not to mention the cornonary gang-rape that awaits you... I dunno... I just don't know...

My thoughs exactly. Its not the health factor, or lack of, that gets me.... Its the conglomeration of flavors that shouldnt exist together that gets me.

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Personally I see it as the ultimate Pain/Pleasure experience - kind of like the hypercube in "Hellraiser"...

...it could be the most amazing thing you'll ever experience in this plane of existance, OR completely disgusting and something that will melt your face off like the Nazis at the end of "Raiders of the Lost Ark"...

Actually I'm afraid I might like it too much... which, of course, is one of the main reasons I've always stayed away from Heroin...:biggrin:

...so basically what I'm saying is that the Luther Burger could be Heroin...

moff_quigley

Why don't you have a seat over there?
Jan 27, 2005
Poseurville
I'd definitely try it. Not sure I'd could finish it though. I'd eat a whole hamdog and it enjoy it. I'd regret it...seems like it would be awesome.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Personally I see it as the ultimate Pain/Pleasure experience - kind of like the hypercube in "Hellraiser"...

...it could be the most amazing thing you'll ever experience in this plane of existance, OR completely disgusting and something that will melt your face off like the Nazis at the end of "Raiders of the Lost Ark"...

Actually I'm afraid I might like it too much... which, of course, is one of the main reasons I've always stayed away from Heroin...:biggrin:

...so basically what I'm saying is that the Luther Burger could be Heroin...
For me, I don't like to mix sweet with fried.

Even country-fried bacon sounds more appealing than wrapping your burger around a donut.