Quantcast

Sawzall pix thread!

Biscuit

Turbo Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
Pleasant Hill, CA
jdcamb said:
That's the same one I got. Havn't used it much since I switched careers right after I got it, but it's pretty nice.

Really wanted the pimp Bosch one with the built in rafter hook, but couldn't justify the price (was already planning on the new career).

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
chicodude said:
I have one of the original milwaukees. the casing is all metal.. the thing is so cool looking. except now once in a while when you use it.. it gives you a shock...
last yeat I bought a new Milwaukee its much much lighter now

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I currently don't own a sawzall but one of my fondest memories was cutting a hole in the side of a house to install a door. From that moment on I realized how useless door locks were.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
jdcamb said:
It is... But the battery renders it a toy. I work in commercial buildings and always have power.....
The DeWalt battery powered skillsaw is equally as kick ass... esp when working on soffits and facias.

And no jobsite is complete with out one of these....

Biscuit

Turbo Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
Pleasant Hill, CA
N8 said:
The DeWalt battery powered skillsaw is equally as kick ass... esp when working on soffits and facias.
Very true, when working overhead, or hanging off the edge of a roof, theres nothing like a lightweight cordless tool. As long as you don't need to make too many cuts. Otherwise you burn through batteries too quick.

Cordless tools are the only way to go if your doing minor repair/warranty/adjustment work. Saves so much time compared to rolling out then rolling up cords.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Rockland said:
Pffft. Takes too long. Plasma arc it. :cool:
You do realize that dragging a plasma cutter big enough to cut train rails all the way out to where the rails are is kind of a pain in the ass right?

I'm looking for portability in sabatoge.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
I just went outside with my new ryobi sawzall and circular saw (both battery powered) and chopped up an old chair.

I love life.

Spitfired

Monkey
Jun 18, 2004
Rochester, NY

Been building a lot of jumps lately and it's been seeing a lot of use.
This is the entry portercable saw, I think it was about $70, and it's oh-so awesome.
Hands down the coolest on ever:

We carry these at the store I work at and damn! The thing can rotate to every angle imaginable, it's incredible.

BrokenChain

Monkey
Oct 26, 2001
NWCT
BurlyShirley said:
I just went outside with my new ryobi sawzall and circular saw (both battery powered) and chopped up an old chair.

I love life.
I used mine to tear up my bathroom floor on Monday, because the pipes decided to let go, and leak from the top floor to the basement. I can think of better ways to wake up on my days off, but it was pretty fun too. I saw the $170 kit at Home Depot and just couldn't pass it up. I hardly ever use tools, but like to have them, just in case.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Spitfired said:
Hands down the coolest on ever:
The ability to change the angle of attack rocks. Thing is plenty of powerful. It can cut a f'n I beam?? I trim kindorf beams installed with it. The ability to pull down with it above you is so handy. Makes using it on a ladder so much safer. I can use it one handed if needed.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
BurlyShirley said:
Maybe you prefer figure skating?
So you bought some whimpy tools on sale at home depot and now you're masking your regret by making fun of the poor slob that called you on it. Oooh a big bad chair... Just sad. I expected more from a Bears fan. Just sad.....