Quantcast

Say a prayer......

Edgy

Monkey
May 1, 2003
O.C
As mountain bikers we all share a common love of the sport and we assume the risks associated with it.

If we could all say a prayer for our friend and fellow MTBr, Anthony Hope.

Some of you may know/have ridden with him(black FOES w shiver, works @Etnies).
Yesterday @BB Anthony had bad crash and sustained some serious internal injuries. He was flown from BB to Loma Linda and was operated on last night where they had to remove a kidney. Last update I got was .. he was still in ICU.

I consider Anthony to be a good, experienced rider and the cause of his crash may have been a mechanical issue. Nobody actually saw the crash.

No matter how good, safe, protected, ?, we think we are..there is always that grey area of uncertainty that comes with Mtbing.

Keep him in your thoughts over the next couple of days and I know that your all with me in wishing him a full and speedy recovery

Thanks...

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.
oh dang. he's that cool dude with a cool australian/british accent, right? If so, I know the guy is super cool and just like to ride (ok he does talk a lot about shoes, but that's better than bike parts :p).
I wish him well...

--from the pink socks wearing asian dude who's riding an annoyingly ugly overdone bike.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
My thoughts and sympathies bro.

As one who almost lost a kidney to a MTB accident I know how scary that is.
It serves pointing out you should ride with a group and keep an eye on your bro's

BTW, was he wearing body armor, like a jacket?

Pegboy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2003
New Hamp-sha
I met him last year and have rode with him a couple of times since. He seems super cool. Injuries suck, hospitals are worse, but fortunately you don't need both kidneys to live. Speedy recovery.

OCDH

Chimp
Feb 5, 2002
Orange County, CA
OMG - that is terrible news :( Please let him know that our thoughts are with him, and let us OC'ers know if there is anything we can do to help him out.

Edgy

Monkey
May 1, 2003
O.C
Orven, Yes thats him..British accent. Yes he is the nicest guy.

Pegboy... you're a living aspiration to the fact that despite injury, one can still charge....Thanks.

Mike, yes that was him when I met you that day.

OCDH... Brent and myself are going to see him tonight and recover his car. We'll keep you all posted on his progress.

Riding in groups??? Yes I'm/we're totally rethinking that now. I went up solo and he went up solo and we just ended up riding together.

It happened on Westridge on the very first set of jumps. He was having some kind of mechanical so he pulled off the trail and I passed him(he's faster and usually passes me) so I figured He would catch me at the bottom, but he never showed. I over heard some guy tallking to the BB people about getting an ambulence to an injured rider on Westridge so I asked him for a description. We went up the lift, down Westridge and there he was...I have never seen anybody in that kind of pain. Be safe brothers!

Once again..thanks for your concern and I will keep you posted.
Edward

dhjill

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
SD Cali
Wow...that sucks. Our thoughts are with him. Lucky for us, we cyclists are a tough group and heal quick! Before you know it, he'll be back on the bike doing what he loves most. :)