Quantcast

Say hello to my little friend.....(and a question)

W4S

Turbo Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
Back in Hell A, b1thces

Just picked it up on Thursday, 2006 a4 avant quattro 2.0 turbo. Does anybody have experience with aftermarket chips for audi's? The stock 200 hp and the turbo lag in 1st gear kinda suck, but it takes corners like sam hill on a pinner. :love:

dan wask

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2006
B-More Maryland
Yeah it corners well but don't push it too hard, those damn audis have no baffle in the oil pan, you'll starve the motor for oil. Been there, done that.

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
nice ride... we test drove one of those in 04... would have bought it but it was a little too small inside for our tastes... definately handled nice tho'...

i could overlook the smallness if it was an s4, but unfortunately one of those was a little bit spendy... i also like the allroad.. we ended up with the cadillac of AWD wagons.... 208 hp and also a bit of turbo lag... doesn t corner as well as the a4, but still an awesome ride... ours spent the first 2 years of it s life in germany PEGGED @ 120mph on the autobahn... damn i miss that :(

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
valve bouncer said:
Who are you kiddin' Partsy, that ain't yours. You'd never let yours get that dirty.;):rofl:

u know it mate... :)

and... i m about out of spray on mud... i need another shipment from nippon :)

korea is still the same festering hole mate, no real surprise i guess... here for another 2 weeks or so...

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
partsbara said:
u know it mate... :)

and... i m about out of spray on mud... i need another shipment from nippon :)

korea is still the same festering hole mate, no real surprise i guess... here for another 2 weeks or so...
Mate, good thing you didn't come here this time, been raining for 4 days with another weeks worth forecast.:dead: The weather sucks here compared to back home.

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
No subaru? :(

I have driven a 03 audi wagon similar to yours, and the automatic tranny seemed to be possesed by some sort of throttle demon. As for the handling, it is much bigger than my subaru wagon and felt sluggish. The brakes are excellent though. AS for aftermarket chips, i dont think there going to solve your problem, wich is the automatic transmisson. Mating the turbo with that transmisson is tough, a chip might help a little with the curve in first, but dont expect it to go away. Youll still be stuck with that feeling of not going fast enough, then VRRRRMMMM! way too much power-> brake! At least, thats how my friends car feels.

But dont worry, you can laugh at the subaru wagons when you blow by them going up that steep hill.

W4S

Turbo Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
Back in Hell A, b1thces
mack said:
No subaru? :(

I have driven a 03 audi wagon similar to yours, and the automatic tranny seemed to be possesed by some sort of throttle demon. As for the handling, it is much bigger than my subaru wagon and felt sluggish. The brakes are excellent though. AS for aftermarket chips, i dont think there going to solve your problem, wich is the automatic transmisson. Mating the turbo with that transmisson is tough, a chip might help a little with the curve in first, but dont expect it to go away. Youll still be stuck with that feeling of not going fast enough, then VRRRRMMMM! way too much power-> brake! At least, thats how my friends car feels.

But dont worry, you can laugh at the subaru wagons when you blow by them going up that steep hill.
I agree, in automatic mode all power delivery feels muted, but i think that's what audi intended. I got the tiptronic option, and with that thing on it's a different story, switch over from automatic and it's like having manual but without having to use a clutch. the engine is really strong and pulls like crazy through 5500 rpm and I don't really notice any turbo lag except for the initial off the line surge when it's building pressure. From what I've read, chipping the car makes a huge difference because it builds pressure faster and delivers at a lower rpm with more torque.

anyhow, i've said too much. this car is quick as snot and i'm going to get in trouble driving it. :help: