Quantcast

Say hello to my little friend.

Ridemonkey

This is not an active account
Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
-BB- said:
Aaron...
We want DETAILS!! Details and interior PICS.

did you get it new? looks like it. How much? Features?

I was looking into getting an older camp trailer to fix up, but that might be cool instead.

Yeah I'll get a detailed response going later today. These things are expensive - although the camper truck combo is still at least 20k less than a basic Sportsmobile 4x4.

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
How come they are so expensive? :confused:

I couldnt imagine paying over 2500 for a camper. My dad's trailer cost 5 grand and its a 20 footer, with shower and sink and kitchen. (used, but in very nice condition)

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
You need to carry along some concertina wire to string around camp, that way you'll just have a mobile "compound". A customized popup turret over the bed would be a nice touch too.

Ridemonkey

Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
-BB- said:
And why did you choose that over a tow-behind pop-up?
Many reasons. I want this thing on full time. I'm driving to the trail after work and I want to get in the back and change when I get there. This thing can go anywhere a truck can go off road. A trailer can't. With this camper I can still pull a trailer if I had snowmobiles, a bunch of bikes, or a bunch of gear for a seriously long expedition. I can still park this in a parking garage in case I wanted to stop in Vegas on a trip :)

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Ridemonkey said:
I can still park this in a parking garage in case I wanted to stop in Vegas on a trip :)
ahaha - I can't see that thing fitting in any parking garage I know ;)

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
Ridemonkey said:
Many reasons. I want this thing on full time. I'm driving to the trail after work and I want to get in the back and change when I get there. This thing can go anywhere a truck can go off road. A trailer can't. With this camper I can still pull a trailer if I had snowmobiles, a bunch of bikes, or a bunch of gear for a seriously long expedition. I can still park this in a parking garage in case I wanted to stop in Vegas on a trip :)

ok... makes sense.

In my case, I want something that does NOT stay on full time, I want to carry bikes in the truck bed, and I always change at hime since it is only 2 miles from work, and 3 miles from the trails.
:thumb:

Plus, I want something that I can unhook from the truck so that I can then "go wild" spinning donuts, and just being an Arse.
;)
Different strokes for different folks. :thumb:

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Ridemonkey said:
It's only a few inches taller than an SUV with a yakima rack on it.
i hear you, but you know those garages that say: 6'6" max height .... it won't fit in there! :)

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Everybody's being too nice to him cause he owns the site...either that or the only people on here are all optimists. I gotta say something negative.

I don't what it is you do for a living...but if you'r driving that...and proud of it...you just retired. You don't realize it...but that's retirement right there.

Oh, and it is about as ugly as Kelly Osbourne...talk about ugly.

Did I mention....ugly?

Oh, but congrats...it's functional and costs more than what I drive.

Ridemonkey

Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
bizutch said:
Everybody's being too nice to him cause he owns the site...either that or the only people on here are all optimists. I gotta say something negative.

I don't what it is you do for a living...but if you'r driving that...and proud of it...you just retired. You don't realize it...but that's retirement right there.

Oh, and it is about as ugly as Kelly Osbourne...talk about ugly.

I guess I'm just not an image fiend.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
bizutch said:
<snip>I don't what it is you do for a living...but if you'r driving that...and proud of it...you just retired. You don't realize it...but that's retirement right there.
WTF is wrong with retirement? I wish I was retired right *now*...... :thumb:

As far as I can tell, retirement will leave lots of time for riding bikeys.

-S.S.-

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
When I first saw the picture, the image flashed into my mind of Randy Quaid standing next to it in a bathrobe venting liquified loaf into a storm drain. :dead:

Yeah, they're not the prettiest things but I also value function over form. Do it up as a sleeper pimpmobile and trick out the inside leaving the exterior stock...assuming you have a safe place to park it. If it were me and I had the coin, I'd add a wet bar with kegerator and a flat plasma with a kickin' surround stereo. I just can't get over what a righteous nookie wagon it would be. You could bring a girl almost anywhere in that thing, far off the beaten track to a secluded romantic and picturesque locale. Roughin' it indeed! :D

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
The leveling kit is from Autospring and retails for about $100 and then you have to have someone install it and align it so, about $200 total. Then the bigger tires...$600-900!