Quantcast

say hello to my little friend

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
well, i start back to school on monday as a grad student. to soften theblow of coming off of an 8 month hiatus, i decided to treat myself. say hello to the ibook. came with a free ipod mini too. sweet deal if you ask me. its also an excuse for me to buy another bag. hahaha. wish me luck in school. i don't know if i can take another 2 years.

Aug 2, 2005
The Island
Big ups to higher education!!!! Do the damn thing Laura....
(oh yeah....sweet ibook, I almost got one, but I think I'll wait until they convert to Intel chips)

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
thanks guys. i hoping for more of a challenge this time around. maybe i'll leave feeling a little more prepared to be an adult. if not, PHD here i come.

J

JRB

laura said:
<snip> maybe i'll leave feeling a little more prepared to be an adult. if not, PHD here i come.
Perhaps you need new stomping grounds if that is what you want. :D

Enjoy. Working sucks most of the time, and my best friend is my boss.

WarEagle2K

Chimp
Feb 28, 2005
Tucson, AZ
I started graduate school a year ago after a 5 year break. Full time studies again. You will be back in to it before you know it. Good luck. What are you studying?

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
WarEagle2K and bluebug32 said:
what are you studying?

anthropology, dual tracks medical and urban, with an interest in nutrition in subsidized meal plans in the public school system and cafeteria food as a whole, how food affects children in school (behavior problems, attention spans, etc.) and nutrtion and health promotion in the public school system. I'm also plaaning to get my non profit certification so that when the public school system shows absolutely no interest in what i want to do, hopefully someone else will. :o:

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
i've got so many bags right now, that i have to have a really good excuse to get another one. i think another purse is out of the question until at least 2045. although tn did buy me a little lumbar for christmas because he said my full size was too big for everyday use, so i may be making progress.

laura said:
i've got so many bags right now, that i have to have a really good excuse to get another one. i think another purse is out of the question until at least 2045. although tn did buy me a little lumbar for christmas because he said my full size was too big for everyday use, so i may be making progress.
like I always say "every bag has its purpose and a purpose for every bag!"

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
robdamanii said:
I'm severly having doubts about chiro school in september. I'm fearful that it will utterly kick the everloving sh!t out of me.
I would think you'd have a harder time with the easy stuff (just like mountain biking).

good luck laura

rigidhack

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2004
In a Van(couver) down by the river
Grad School is a trip. I'm finishing my PhD now while working full time. If I could do things over, I'd be thinking a LOT more about a dissertation topic as I was doing coursework, and tailoring all my classes to fit. That way I could use every paper I wrote as a chapter. (As it turns out, I can only use a few of the papers I wrote for classes.)

iMacs rule!

One other thing, pick up some bibliographic software like Endnote or something. Keep a running bibliography of EVERYTHING you read as you are reading it. Best purchase I ever made. Has saved me hundreds of hours (maybe thousands by this time).

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
rigidhack said:
One other thing, pick up some bibliographic software like Endnote or something. Keep a running bibliography of EVERYTHING you read as you are reading it. Best purchase I ever made. Has saved me hundreds of hours (maybe thousands by this time).
thanks for the tip. i welcome any advice at this juncture. for some reason i absolutely hate keeping bibliographies, even though they always come in handy.

E

enkidu

Back to school with a new iBook, iPod mini, bag and almost-new hubbie. . . sounds awfully exciting! Time for total immersion and transformation.

[*warning*] Graduate schools can be addictive![/*warning*]

Good luck and have a time of your life!