Quantcast

Say it aint' so Cedric

Scrub

Turbo Monkey
Feb 4, 2003
NOR CAL, Sac/CoCo County
Well, Cedric Gracia announced right after his race run in Andorra that he had raced his last Downhill Word Cup event. Retiring from WC downhill his focus will be on Enduro and videos. Cedric stated that injuries and the time to train at WC level DH racing was taking a toll on him and his body.

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
he's had a long, successful career with wins in DH, 4X, Duel, Rampage, enduro, etc.

He know has a bike shop and bar to look after too...

If anyone is allowed to call it quits its CG. Would love to see him doing commentary with Warner, maybe some more team management stuff like claudio and page transitioned into.

He won't be slumming it that's for sure: http://www.pinkbike.com/news/Video-A-Day-In-The-Life-of-Cedric-Gracia.html

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
Good for him to get through that crazy injury and retire on his own terms after racing on home soil! I thought it was so inspiring how well he was doing in the WC right befor his broken pelvis.

Bedlam

Monkey
Feb 13, 2010
Under ground
What was that he said, 3 years of the last 5 spent i rehab? That would break even the happiest spirit..

Bummed to see CG go tho, he was the first rider who's name I knew when I started mountain biking, the man had such an epic style. Bet the enduro pits are going to be lively from now on! (Yeah yeah, I know that he's already raced quite a few. Shut up, it's a figure if speech damn you!)

yetihenry

Monkey
Aug 9, 2009
Whistler, BC
Ill definitely miss the random suicides mid race run, but I'm sure he will still be around at all the races and he said he will be putting out more videos.

I think tonight's party is going to e on a whole another level now...

tabletop84

Monkey
Nov 12, 2011
Really ****ty considering that he was capable of a top 10 result until his crash. But I hope he sits in the booth with warner someday.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
didn't he commentate with warner once on a previous injury a few years back? part of me remembers him and warner getting drunker as the race progressed

tabletop84

Monkey
Nov 12, 2011
Yeah in andorra he commentated the whole race. Was like 2008 or something and at other races he skipped in right from his race run.