Quantcast

sb skatepark

be-radd

Chimp
May 31, 2004
O-town
hey i heard that the sb skate park has a time set aside for bikes, just wondering if this is true and if anyone would like to join me for a session there if allowed. thanks.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
They don't. It's a public park on the beach w/o fences and there are no session. Also, you can't bike there.

I heard it's best to go early in the morning on weekdays so you don't get caught.

I've skated there a lot and it looks really fun on a bike.

HaveFaith

Monkey
Mar 11, 2006
We used to ride there late at night with a ton of floodlights, but when the cops started giving out tickets for 'stealing' electricity, we decided not to go anymore. Was definitely a lot of fun.

be-radd

Chimp
May 31, 2004
O-town
well that sucks, does anyone know of the closest bike friendly park, willing to drive an hour or so from the sb area. i got kicked out of the solvang park again and tired of getting yelled at for riding street in solvang. peace

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
Go to Skatestreet in Ventura. It's a pretty big indoor park with bike and skate sessions, so you will have to see when you can ride there.

I can't find the site. I found http://alpineventura.com/main.html, but if that's it, they made some huge changes. games??? laundry??? hair salon??? What the hell???

HaveFaith

Monkey
Mar 11, 2006
mtnbrider said:
Go to Skatestreet in Ventura. It's a pretty big indoor park with bike and skate sessions, so you will have to see when you can ride there.

I can't find the site. I found http://alpineventura.com/main.html, but if that's it, they made some huge changes. games??? laundry??? hair salon??? What the hell???
Yeah that place was skatestreet. I saw that a while back, was thinking of getting a mullet right before I destroy the ramps, and then go buy a nice pair of sandles.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
I was there years ago skating, then they re-did the park (I skated it and it was soo slippery because of the new skatelight- the floor was slippery too) , then, did it change? New owners?

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
The Ojai skatepark is fun for a few minutes.

Alpine (used to be Skatestreet) blows. It's a wannabe extreme lounge thing.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
That really sucks... I've always wanted to bike there.

WTF happend? New owners? It used to be pretty cool when I skated there. Is the park the same size / same ramps?

I didn't know you could bike at the Ojai skatepark. I've only skated there. I'm going to have to get down there soon. That last time I was there, it was about 95 with high humidity. I was sitting under the shade of the tree branches. Once in a while, I would go out for a quick run and come back dripping with sweat.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
mtnbrider said:
I didn't know you could bike at the Ojai skatepark. I've only skated there. I'm going to have to get down there soon. That last time I was there, it was about 95 with high humidity. I was sitting under the shade of the tree branches. Once in a while, I would go out for a quick run and come back dripping with sweat.
Just lay low so you don't piss anyone off, for your own safety.

The riding really isn't that good. I wouldn't make a special trip to come here. If you're in the area it's worth it but not otherwise.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
Bicyclist said:
Just lay low so you don't piss anyone off, for your own safety.

The riding really isn't that good. I wouldn't make a special trip to come here. If you're in the area it's worth it but not otherwise.
Well, it has to be more fun than Los Olivos... I guess the park to go to would be Vans in Ontario, but I think it closed. I'm pretty sure the one in Orange County is still open.