Quantcast

SBMTV Trail Maintenance, Knapps Castle, 10/27/07

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
The Los Padres National Forest (all Southern California Natl Forests!) is closed to the general public, but FS sanctioned volunteer events like this Saturday's Snyder (Knapps) trail maintenance event is still authorized in the forest!

So, since you can't hike, ride, or horse on LP trails right now, come out and move some dirt on Snyder trail! We will be repairing sections of the Snyder trail bed that where removed by the fire dozers during the Zaca fire. Those of you who like to dig in the dirt and those who have dirt shaping experience...this is your time to come out and put some time in. There is no poison oak involved in this event. This event is the first Snyder trail "recovery" event and after the rainy season there may be opportunities to make this an excellent multi-use trail. Your participation is important!

We will be carpooling to the either the lower or upper trail head and then driving in the tools and crew on the newly graded "road". 4x4 vehicles are required to drive in - bring one or grab a ride in one for the event.

Meet: 8:30 at the Sears parking lot near the corner of La Cumbre and Calle Real. We will be carpooling.

Work: Snyder (Knapps) trail - repairing trailbed damaged by fire dozers.

Afterwards: 3:00 Late lunch of BBQ chicken, beans and rice. Sponsored by Santa Barbara Chicken Ranch.

Bring: Snacks, water, long pants, work shoes, gloves, bike helmet (we will supply helmets also).

Zark

Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Glad to see you all made it out there:disgust1:

A lot of good work was done, a lot more needs to be done.
If anyone is planning on riding this soon PLEASE take it easy on the new sections of trail! They are very soft still and will be until we get some rain to compact things.

I'll let y'all know when any other maintenance events on Snyder are planned. It is an excellent opportunity to transform this into one of the most kickbutt trails in town. So be a part of it!

Zark

Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
So Noah how was the attendance?

mh
10 people.... pretty pathetic compared to the King trail daze events of years past(120+). But on the plus side its easier to manage just a few people and we did get a lot done.

Shaums March

Chimp
May 28, 2007
North America
So I guess my excuse of being in Canada will have to do.

I'm coming down next week for the NWD8 premier at the wild kitty and the Marin 08 Demo day at Elings with clinics for anyone interested.
Is there any where to ride other than Elings?
I'm bringing the Shuttle van which can fit 9 bikes and 10 people if anyone want to ride.